Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
WOOW
That is an amazing sound! I will try to explain it, low revs you hear that the car has so much more to give, without being annoying in any way.
Giving it some gas at low revs its like... wait is this a V8?
Then about 50% power, it sounds like a Porsche.
When flooring it, it totaly changes character, its like oh you made it angry!

Then back to cruising and its like, what? I didn´t do anything.

Do I want it louder than this? No, it would not fit the looks of the car. I say it sounds like what it looks like.
Just spot on, perfect. That is also what I heard from other reviewers of this exhaust.

Going to take some new pictures. Damn this looks sick from behind now, the 275mm looks bad ass

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I was rooting for the nitrous Monza as I had a 1979 Monza in H.S.😁
That is a serious cool car! :cool: He didn´t have his best run in final, if he had a good start he would have won.
I am proud that our small country have a strong motorsport culture and history. The largest vintage American car meet is in Sweden (Power Big Meet).

The explanation to this, is that Sweden didn't fight in WW2 as it was neutral, instead we made business with the Germans, British, USA and many other countries. So right after the war, Sweden's economy was well developed and engineering tech was one of the best in the world, so that made many people could afford American cars from the 50th 60th and 70th.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
@lvdukerider my favorite internet mechanic.
I had the car at the service today, and they suggested a new battery and break pad change in front.
they wanted 300 for battery and 200 for the break pads. I said no and just paid for the service.

Now I would like an suggestion on what battery to order form amazon and how to do this myself.
I know I could read the manual, but then I could also just leave the forum...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I get most of my "consumables" from Auto Zone, (batteries, brake pads, etc) due to their excellent warranty (lifetime on brake pads), and that where I'm at there's almost one on every corner and some are open 24-7. I don't know if you have a equivalent where your at.
Amazon's great too. Ive heard Stop Tech and Hawk make some quality brake pads and I'm sure a quick search would reviel some quality batteries too. I've read that at least here in the states there's really only two actual battery manufacturers, Johnson Controls and Exide and they just private label for other brands. Johnson Controls are supposed to be the better of the two.
You might consider buying/using a memory saver when changing out the battery. It's not absolutely necessary but I had a heck of a time several years ago when I changed my battery without one right before my registration/smog test was due as it took about a weeks worth of driving on expired registration before the car went through enough cycles to get back to "ready" status and could be tested, it cost me $35.00 for the first test to find this out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Anyhow so happy with the exhaust from Solo Performance. But, and this is not their fault, I think the 3,5" exhaust tips are a bit small.... yeah, too small.
I have asked them if they can manufacture an exhaust tip of 3,750 outer and 4.125" inner dual exhaust tip. and extending it another 0,5".

The gen with fat tires already look somewhat like a Porsche from behind and the larger exhaust tips will add to a better look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ordered 76-EIBACH-0731 Pro-Kit lowerin springs.

20mm front
10mm Back

And Foliatec break caliper color (matte red)
The best move is to install "coil overs". Lowering springs will make your car ride like a sled. The stock shocks weren't designed to support the weight of the car with minimum spring support. You'll be sorry.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
The best move is to install "coil overs". Lowering springs will make your car ride like a sled. The stock shocks weren't designed to support the weight of the car with minimum spring support. You'll be sorry.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I ordered Bilstein B8 today, just as my Internet Mechanic @lvdukerider suggested.
Noticed the stock coil overs are not working well in Stockholm with all the road works the do (dig holes and refill them, repeat)

61 - 80 of 109 Posts