Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
That looks great. One of the drawbacks of my Caspian black coupe is all the cool black accents get kinda lost. Keep up the good work.
Sound like I have made you want to get a white car next time :D
Hey your car looks amazing.

Anyhow, I am super happy how this project have turned out. Still waiting for the Bilstein B8, and recolor of the break pads.
Hey now when I think about it... Black breakcalipers?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 3.8 Track with the manual transmission.

Over the years I've found that my car will not spin the rear tires in a straight line. If the tires start to spin it just chokes out the engine and the rpm drops till the computer/programming decides the engine rpm meets the car mph and then the car will start to accelerate again.

When turning right, if the tires start to spin it will, again, kind of kill the acceleration and the tires stop spinning.

When turning left it will burn the tires till I let up on the gas pedal. I've spun the tires from a dead stop start across three lanes of traffic pulling across the oncoming lane and the center turn lane to get to the traffic lanes on the other side of the road. I've spun the tires from a dead stop start across three lanes of traffic turning into a parking lot across the street/road.

I have no explanation for why the tires will spin when turning left. They just do.

At close to $700 for two rear tires I really don't try to spin the tires.
[

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
@lvdukerider
What is test-pipes?
Pros and Cons?
Legal? As in not removing catalytic converters

I am planning to do D-Toz in spring, is there something you can recommend doing?
"Test pipes" replace the catalytic converters for "testing purposes". I'm not familiar with the laws in your country but it's illegal (Federal and local),to tamper or remove emissions equipment on vehicles here in the U.S.A. How strictly this is enforced varies greatly from state to state and even from county to county, (some rural areas do not require emissions tests or inspections). Where I live I have to get a inspection Annually so it's not worth the headache to me and from what I've read the modern cats don't really restrict exhaust flow to any significant extent. Most seem to go with test pipes for a different sound. I run a Borla CatBak exhaust which is still legal where I live.
On a side note converter theft is a big problem where I live, mostly key start Hyundai's and Kia's which are getting stolen left and right just for the recycling value of their converters.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts