Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Lol! That's insane!
I assume you replied to the CGI made police car :LOL:
For a build project... That thing would be awesome on the streets of USA! I know you guys can make it.

In fact, there are people here buying or resto-mod old american highway patrol cars, and they look exactly like the cop cars (from their era) and its completely legal too.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
"Test pipes" replace the catalytic converters for "testing purposes". I'm not familiar with the laws in your country but it's illegal (Federal and local),to tamper or remove emissions equipment on vehicles here in the U.S.A. How strictly this is enforced varies greatly from state to state and even from county to county, (some rural areas do not require emissions tests or inspections). Where I live I have to get a inspection Annually so it's not worth the headache to me and from what I've read the modern cats don't really restrict exhaust flow to any significant extent. Most seem to go with test pipes for a different sound. I run a Borla CatBak exhaust which is still legal where I live.
On a side note converter theft is a big problem where I live, mostly key start Hyundai's and Kia's which are getting stolen left and right just for the recycling value of their converters.
Thanks for the great explanation, so my conclusion would be the same as yours. Inspection would turn out to be fail for my car and we even have flying inspections here. So its not an option.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
So guys I was thinking...

I might have one of the lowest mileage Bk2 3.8 2013 out there in the world, 28,000 miles.
Pristine condition EU version, that I have put money into reconditioning and upgrading.

I have had 5 people already at the street coming and want to talk about my car.

Do you think in a decade, this car might become a classic? Or two?
Or will we all be driving electric cars?

I drive less than 3000 miles a year with the car

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
So guys I was thinking...

I might have one of the lowest mileage Bk2 3.8 2013 out there in the world, 28,000 miles.
Pristine condition EU version, that I have put money into reconditioning and upgrading.

I have had 5 people already at the street coming and want to talk about my car.

Do you think in a decade, this car might become a classic? Or two?
Or will we all be driving electric cars?

I drive less than 3000 miles a year with the car
Speedometer Plant Odometer Trip computer Gauge

I think I've got you beat.🤣.
It's really hard to say but anything is possible. I follow Mecham and Barrett-Jackson auto auctions, (Mecham's was just here Friday/Saturday), I'm going to have quite the chuckle the day I see my first Hyundai/Kia come across the block but then again I wouldn't be completely surprised either.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
For a build project... That thing would be awesome on the streets of USA! I know you guys can make it.

In fact, there are people here buying or resto-mod old american highway patrol cars, and they look exactly like the cop cars (from their era) and its completely legal too.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

Here's somthing I saw a few years ago at S.E.M.A. show, not C.G.I. 😁

·
Registered
37 Posts

Yes, I am.
Not sure if anyone here would dare to drive such car at high speed. Real police would be in pursuit right away.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts