Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and did it
I am now the proud owner of a 2011 3.8 R-Spec
and I got to say I am very happy with my car so far even though the check engine light came on and went into limp mode :eek: but it's back normal now.
I went and test drove a 370z, Mustang GT, and a Challenger SRT (just for the hell of it, didn't want it :D) and well I can't justify spending another 10G's for the same performance :dunno:
Going to keep it stock for now but it's fun as it is :D

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Congrats!

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
congrats ! have fun with the new toy

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
congrats!! have fun with it.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Congrats!

·
Slurpee
1,740 Posts
welcome joe-z another member in the PNW. check out the Northwest section! :)

·
The enthusiastic car newb
187 Posts
The 3.8 can go into limp mode....??? :woah:

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Please explain... Welcome btw

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hey Joe, nice seeing you around town and running into you today at the auto-x. Welcome!

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys and it was nice to meet you Ben, love the red in person and your exhaust sound sick :eek:.
Not sure what happened with the CEL, the tech said there were some loose ground bolts and it thru a code that Hyundai has not seen yet that had something to do with the MAF reading to much air :dunno:, but it has not happened again so we'll see.
Think I'm just going to keep the car stock for now, probably just badges and some cosmetic stuff and then I'm going to start putting the Z back together for auto-x next year but might see what this beast does this year :D.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

·
Registered
756 Posts
It was nice to meet you Ben, love the red in person and your exhaust sound sick :eek:.
:rofl: Thanks. I've been getting that a lot lately. Quite a few guys at the auto-x seemed to like it and the car. I can't complain. haha

PS. In case anyone is interested, it's a cat-less cp-e TBE.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts