Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered a set of OEM wheel caps from Korean Auto Imports - KIA and HYUNDAI Accessories and I was supposed to get this...

But I got these...

Just a warning. I'm not sure what kind of luck others have had, but I paid $69.95 for $10.00 worth of cheap crap.

·
Full-Time Rice Eater
2,024 Posts
Those are the stickers, they're also quite common.
I think they just mailed you out the wrong ones,
get in contact with them ASAP.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are the stickers, they're also quite common.
I think they just mailed you out the wrong ones,
get in contact with them ASAP.
For $70, I certainly hope they just mailed me the wrong ones. I found the same exact OEM caps that I was supposed to get on ebay for $30. I plan to have a little talk with these little people.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that...now I know.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got home from Knoxville about 30 minutes ago, and they were in my mailbox. I called and left a voicemail. I will try again tomorrow, but probably won't speak to them until Monday. I will not say anything else until I hear from them. I only want to state facts and see what they have to say. I am not here to slander them. I just want to document what happens.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Bummer!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Korean Auto Imports about an hour ago and told them they had sent me the wrong wheel caps. The woman I spoke to said she would "check with their shipper" and call me back. I am not too confident that these people are going to do anything. I may just be out the $70.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Waited three hours and called them back. Same lady answered the phone and said she was still waiting to hear from her "shipping department" and would call me as soon as she heard something. My next call will be to request an RMA so I can ship this crap back to them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, as I suspected, I heard nothing from Korean Auto Imports. They never called me back. I guess they are too busy to handle my issue. Please do not order from them. You will be sorry.

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
For $70, I certainly hope they just mailed me the wrong ones. I found the same exact OEM caps that I was supposed to get on ebay for $30. I plan to have a little talk with these little people.
Expensive lesson learned I suppose! $70 is definitely a STEEP price for some vinyl overlays. Always do as much research as possible and price check against different websites for online purchases.

For the record, most center caps are just stickers placed over a plastic base so it is possible you were just sent the wrong ones. Part numbers can get confusing sometimes.

Unfortunate that their customer service seems so shoddy though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They emailed me 4 minutes before they closed and attached a prepaid USPS label along with the following message:

Hello John,

Thank you for your contact. I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the item you received. We do try our hardest to ensure that no errors are made however unfortunately the ocassional mix-up does happen. Please see the attached pre-paid return label. We will have your order exchanged upon receipt of the returned item. I trust that you will be able to revise the feedback you informed me you posted on the forums. I would have appreciated your contact to us prior to posting to give us a chance to rectify the error.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the informaiton I have provided.

Thank you for your patience and understanding Have a great day
--

Caitlin
Sherwood Automotive
This would not be a problem, except their website clearly states:

Defective, Damaged, or Incorrect Products:
If your product(s) arrive defective, damaged, or incorrect, please contact our customer service department within 24-72 hours of package receipt. Please do not attempt to use or install the part! We will send you a replacement part and provide you with a prepaid return label to return the defective part (Lower 48 states).
My interpretation of this policy is that they would ship me to correct part and include a return label for me to send back the incorrect parts that they sent me. By sending me the label in email, they are asking me to return the item, then wait another two weeks to receive the correct item. This clearly is not what their stated policy is, so I have replied to the email (because they were closed by the time I received the email) that I would like a full refund. I will also call them in the morning.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Not uncommon send the part back, then they will ship you the right part.

With these situations people need to be patient, I think they handled it the right way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not uncommon send the part back, then they will ship you the right part.

With these situations people need to be patient, I think they handled it the right way.
Well, it was their mistake, and other than the apology in the email, she never even apologized for the mistake. She never even admitted a mistake. I called them at 1:00 PM. She said she would have to call her "shipping department" and never even admitted that they had done anything wrong and never even asked me what I wanted to do about it. When I called back at 4:00 PM, she said she had not heard from the "shipping department" but that she would call me as soon as she did. At 6:56 PM (6 hours after the initial call) I received the email saying that I needed to send the items back and that they would send me the correct items. If they had been willing to rush ship the correct set to me immediately, I may have considered accepting an exchange. If I have to send the items back first, then I would prefer to just receive a refund. The fact is, none of this was discussed because the customer service lady never even discussed any of it with me. She just kept saying she needed to speak to her "shipping department. Now I can't call them because they are closed, and I am sure that sending the email 4 minutes before closing time was by design.

I still stand by what I said...avoid this company. There are plenty of good companies out there. There is no excuse for dealing with a bad egg. It's not the fact that they sent me the wrong item...mistakes happen. It's how companies deal with their mistakes that determines how good they are. It's the way they treated me today that makes them undesirable in my mind. Maybe it's just this Caitlin woman, but she is the face of their company and should be better than that.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I have seen a lot or worse, and some companies on here, I will not name refuse to take parts back.

If you are not happy send it back and request a refund and buy them elsewhere, I have seen them on Ebay for about 55 bucks just so you know.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I waited for the call from them that never came, so i called them myself. I told the lady on the phone that I would like a refund for the incorrect parts that they sent me. She said she will have to contact her "returns department" for authorization for a refund and would call me back. Let's see how long that takes! So far I have called them three times and had them tell me three times that they would call me back. If they actually do, then this would be the first time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Of course Hyundai owners seem to be their favorite targets!

Korean Auto Imports - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

There are hundreds of threads like this. I figure I am fighting an uphill battle with this company. If I don't get my $70 back, it will cost them hundreds, if not thousands in lost business. The best thing they can do is expeditiously refund my money. I will start going to these other sites and dragging these old threads out of the past to keep how bad they are at the front of everyone's mind when ordering from the internet.

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts