Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got sideswiped, got the corner of the door, the rear quarter and the front fender... Since I am going to have to claim in on insurance.. I figure why not make improvements.
Who all makes fenders? And... I know CF isn't normally UV stable, so does it have to be painted or what do you do to it?

Obvioulsy CF isnt the only thing I would concider...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw those, they looked nice, it says Fenders.. Is that a price for the pair? As they refer to them in plural.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
i'd check the fit on those hotwheels fenders . .

check with Mike @ Importshark on the availability of the Sarona fenders

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just happened a few days ago, and I am startig to look at cost to repair. GOnna have to start tugging on the insurance agency as well as hoping the hit and run guy that did it gets tracked down..

·
mmmmmmmmatte black
6,523 Posts
To pe perfectly honest, all the aftermarket fender options are poor in one way or another :/ I've hear countless complaints on the poor fitment of the Hot Wheels stuff and the vents in the Sarona fenders do not line up with the body lines :mad2: Honestly, unless you want to wait it out for [email protected]/T to bring in some cf fenders (which might not be for 3 months or so) You might as well go OEM :/

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
the hotwheels fenders look great..but the downfall from a few pics ive seen it doesn't look like a great fit..the lines are off on it, but then again it might have just been that set idk. did you have uninsured motorist on your insurance?

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Check your PMs, Mike!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got insurance check today, I like the hotwheels fenders, how well do they fit? Meaning the normal pain body kits are to fit, or do the line up pretty good on thier own?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Got insurance check today, I like the hotwheels fenders, how well do they fit? Meaning the normal pain body kits are to fit, or do the line up pretty good on thier own?
I would give Motorsports Authority a call and ask about the fit, they put the Hotwheels kit on their Genesis for Sema last year. It looks good but I don't know what they had to do to it to get it to fit. I can't remember if they have the hotwheels fenders on there though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the White car with the hot wheels kit looks like they just slapped the parts on and painted them. You can see the poor fit and poorly gapped body lines from a distance. But the one I saw with the silver paint looked pretty decent.

I may scrap the whole plans and just go back to an OEM fender... I jsut didn't want to

·
Socal Celebrity
275 Posts
^+1 sarona fenders

·
KDM as F*CK
1,400 Posts
Just go OEM on the fenders. They'll fit perfect too. Plus the carbon fiber fenders aren't even THAT much lighter than regular fenders. Check out SFR's thread on CF fenders

1 - 20 of 28 Posts