Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i have the Silverstone 3.8 track with the chrome grills which (keep in mind) I plan to keep.. and I was wondering what you guys/girls would suggest on my next mods (visually/mechanically) to do to my coupe.. I already have the catback magnaflow exhaust and a DIY intake which I am happy with for now.. I will be getting the SFR canned tuned in the near future.. I know silver is a bit difficult to work with.. Ive had people tell me that-
-tinting only the red outline on the tail lights would look good
-a front lip
-a short shifter/shift knob
-glossy or mat black vinyl roof
-painting my track wheels black
-a drop on eibach springs which i dont think i will be doing because i dont want to scrape and or alter the ride. unless someone can talk me into it..:p

I am very indecisive, and only have a part time job as of now because of full time school, so my price range for whatever is next is looking to be around $400 give or take, or less..
Thanks

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
If you do the roof, you should probably also get a carbon fiber hood and trunk (or get them painted). The roof alone might look a little out of place. As for the taillights, I wouldn't do red as I think red only looks good on white, black, or red paint, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lower it. Otherwise everything else looks out of place. Convinced yet :D
Lmao almost Blumagic almost! Eibach springs would be fine right? I am not looking to track my car

and as for the taillights if i were to tint them i would want them to be like 1badgenesis's tails as he originally had them tinted just a black outline or else I feel like they would look out of place..

·
U wot M8
1,908 Posts
I'd get coils because I like being really low... but springs should be fine for you if your not looking for slammed. If you even have a tiny thought in the back of your head that you might want to be low in the future I'd just wait out for coils....

everytime I see my wheel gap it is like it is giving me the finger and laughing at me, so it's the first thing I do... but I'm not everybody :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
coilovers...

:point: since you have already given her a little better sound quality.. I'm going to say coilovers.. They are definitely my next investment, though the roads down here in Louisiana are $#*! so I don't know how much of a slammed look I will be able to get. I just added 20" wheels, but have a friend that slammed his stock and I must say the coilovers, even on a completely stock car, give it way more style!!

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
So i have the Silverstone 3.8 track with the chrome grills which (keep in mind) I plan to keep.. and I was wondering what you guys/girls would suggest on my next mods (visually/mechanically) to do to my coupe.. I already have the catback magnaflow exhaust and a DIY intake which I am happy with for now.. I will be getting the SFR canned tuned in the near future.. I know silver is a bit difficult to work with.. Ive had people tell me that-
-tinting only the red outline on the tail lights would look good
-a front lip
-a short shifter/shift knob
-glossy or mat black vinyl roof
-painting my track wheels black
-a drop on eibach springs which i dont think i will be doing because i dont want to scrape and or alter the ride. unless someone can talk me into it..:p

I am very indecisive, and only have a part time job as of now because of full time school, so my price range for whatever is next is looking to be around $400 give or take, or less..
Thanks
Out of your list of possibilities after the SFR tune, I would suggest either the shifter/shift knob from TWM or Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. I have both and could answer any questions you may have. Don't worry with the springs, it only lowers about an inch so unless you are traveling straight up some steep driveways, you will be fine. Just remember that with either your going to have some overhead cost for install if you don't do it yourself. Additionally, if you go springs, you will need to have the alignment double checked as well.

At any rate, if your interested in something, give me a shout and I will give you the best price I can.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the feedback guys/keep them coming.. and I would like to see pics of the eibach prokit on a stock track coupe, and maybe some more info on the short shifter. As of now I am leaning towards the springs, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i'd go for a beyond redline stage1 kit. best bang/buck for performance IMO compared to the stage2 and stage3 kits (not knocking the stage2 and stage3 by any means, i just think stage1 is the best value of the 3)

also, here's the wisdom some ~ 18-y/o told me: "fast and furious that b!tch!" :D:D

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
The most dramatic aesthetic change you can make is to lower the car and either get wheel spacers or proper offset aftermarket wheels. If you are going for looks, save up to get a proper drop - with the right coilovers the difference in ride quality won't be severe.

If you're 100% opposed to lowering, the black roof would be a good start, and then I'd go all red on the taillights.

Also - full time student with a 3.8 track? Nice work :dunno:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The most dramatic aesthetic change you can make is to lower the car and either get wheel spacers or proper offset aftermarket wheels. If you are going for looks, save up to get a proper drop - with the right coilovers the difference in ride quality won't be severe.

If you're 100% opposed to lowering, the black roof would be a good start, and then I'd go all red on the taillights.

Also - full time student with a 3.8 track? Nice work :dunno:

I am not opposed to lowering my car but I just do not want to regret my decision by getting springs and being unhappy with them.. I thought of the black roof a while back but I do not think it will flow to well with my chrome grills. what do you think?
and Thank you.. yes I worked full time and saved up a lot before deciding to change career paths and going into full time school. For the price difference I figured why not go with the bigger motor 100 HP more since I know I am not going to be blowing a ton of money on my car. and the track package was a no brainer I would have regretted not getting it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
if u still need springs, i would be happy to sell you mine, brand new, still inside the original packaging, gimme a shout

1 - 16 of 16 Posts