Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following up my previous announcement on the Custom OEM Switches located HERE, I have finalized pretty much all details with a electronics/AV shop that is making custom switches for those of you who don't have heated seats--AND ALSO those of you who have heated seats, but might want to utilize the buttons for something else. I'll explain more below and let the pics do the talking for now...

Installed shifter surround with customized OEM switch:

Obviously this switch normally has the heated seat icon (which can be seen HERE), but we had this professionally customized to transform it into a foglight on/off switch.

When the switch is pressed, the upper LED turns on to indicate that the switch is sending power to whatever's connected. In my case, it's my foglights.

With the button NOT pressed, I now turned on the parking lights so the interior lighting also illuminates. Since I'm using OEM switches, all of the lighting is obviously a perfect match. Most importantly, you can see that my new foglight icon also illuminates--exactly the way that the heated seat icon illuminates!

And with the switch pressed again, you can see both LED's illuminated together.

My Coupe is a 2.0 Premium--which didn't come with foglights, so I have the Sequence ones installed. This mod will work with OEM foglights as well--and I'll be offering these pre-wired too!

Anyhow, one aspect that I'm extremely happy about is that we have developed a plug-n-play connector that attaches to the bottom of the OEM switch--so these are NOT just soldered! What this means is that you can simply take the connector, plug it in, and wire it up to whatever you want to turn on. There are actually SIX different color-coded wires that protrude out from the bottom of the connector, so I will obviously be able to supply brief instructions on what the purpose of each is.

Another really sweet factor here is that the icon on top is completely customizable as well. If you don't want a foglight icon, we can pretty much do anything here within reason. My next update will have a small wing emblem--which I'm sure many of you would appreciate. The fact of the matter is that you can get pretty creative here--and that's always fun, right?

As far as pricing is concerned, this stuff isn't going to be dirt cheap by any means. However, if you want a professional-looking interior with an OEM switch customized to your exact preferences, then this might be right up your alley. On the other hand, I could just supply a simply switch that still has the heated seat icon on it and you can save some cash that way. In other words--you don't have to opt for the customized icon. If the heated seat icon doesn't bother you (even if it turns on your foglights or awesome underbody neons), then save a few bucks and go with this option.

Shifter surround + 1x switch, 1x dummy switch...$115 shipped
Shifter surround + 2x switches...$135 shipped

Shifter surround + 1x switch & stock icon, 1x dummy switch...$175 shipped
Shifter surround + 1x switch & custom icon, 1x dummy switch...$215 shipped

Shifter surround + 2x switches & 2x stock icons...$235 shipped
Shifter surround + 2x switches & 1x stock icon, 1x custom icon...$255 shipped
Shifter surround + 2x switches & 2x custom icons...$335 shipped

Prices are to US destinations and are "Intro" rates which will be available for a limited time. Canada and other international destinations will require an additional $15 shipping.

In the very near future, I will be able to offer full wiring kits for those of you who either want OEM foglights or pretty much any aftermarket foglight. (Such as my Sequence ones). So basically, all you'd have to do is connect the wires and you'd be good to go. Of course a general knowledge of auto electronics would help--otherwise I'd recommend that you simply leave this to your local audio or alarm installer. (Who can normally do aftermarket foglight installs too).

For those of you who have heated seats, we can also offer an OEM switch with connector, wiring and instructions that will enable you to have a single heated seat switch control BOTH seats. This way, you can free up the other switch for something else. Icon customization will be available here too.

Info copied from THIS THREAD for easier reference.

·
209hp/280lbs tq :)
3,280 Posts
question what about us guys with r-spec models?

·
209hp/280lbs tq :)
3,280 Posts
yes lol and btw what is the lowest price on a cf hood

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
lol you still getting a cf hood bro? I thought you didn't get the insurance thing worked out

·
Registered
207 Posts
humm wonder if i can rig one up so that when i press it it changes the car to a more aggressive tune for more power. like a sport mode ftw

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wait wait, im confused...

My car does not have heated seats. So are you actually selling the trim aswell? That would be pretty cool... but what would be AWESOME is if you included a how to on making the Fog lights independent. The OEM ones only work when the headlights are on.

Do that, and I will buy.

P.s. While impossible, the sport mode thing would be pretty sick. Make it say AMG!

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
UPDATED PRICING & OPTIONS

Shifter surround + 1x switch, 1x dummy switch...$115 shipped
Shifter surround + 2x switches...$135 shipped

Shifter surround + 1x switch & stock icon, 1x dummy switch...$175 shipped
Shifter surround + 1x switch & custom icon, 1x dummy switch...$215 shipped

Shifter surround + 2x switches & 2x stock icons...$235 shipped
Shifter surround + 2x switches & 1x stock icon, 1x custom icon...$255 shipped
Shifter surround + 2x switches & 2x custom icons...$335 shipped