Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I pretty much agree the Gen Coupe looks about as good. Just think how much modding you can do for the price difference...

ominousone

·
Registered
37 Posts
Based purely on looks ,I think yours looks even better. Your rims contrasting colors with your regular base coat look sharp man.

Edit: I dont like jags in the first place so im biased, AF.

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
822 Posts
G35 wheels?

·
Been there, but forgot it
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G35 wheels?
yes. Had to bore the center a bit, otherwise, fit perfect. Got all 4, already powder coated for $350.
Needed a set for my soft autocross tires.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
Our coupes are handsome, but that Jag is GORGEOUS. Sorry for the cold water. On the plus side, the gen coupe sounds better in V6 form. I'm not sure I like the Jag dumping fuel into the mix to make those pops and rumbles, either. Artificial noise to add "excitement" is such a turn-off. Also, a 3,800lb two-door with no rear seats and compromised storage... Not a very handy car for cruising around or road trips.

That being said, if they weren't so damned expensive and offered a manual, I'd be waiting in line to get one.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Our coupes are handsome, but that Jag is GORGEOUS. Sorry for the cold water. On the plus side, the gen coupe sounds better in V6 form. I'm not sure I like the Jag dumping fuel into the mix to make those pops and rumbles, either. Artificial noise to add "excitement" is such a turn-off. Also, a 3,800lb two-door with no rear seats and compromised storage... Not a very handy car for cruising around or road trips.

That being said, if they weren't so damned expensive and offered a manual, I'd be waiting in line to get one.
FWIW they can achieve it via timing as well. Focus & Fiesta ST cars get the aftermarket tunes with "crackle" by augmenting timing advance on decel. I doubt an OEM would resort to doing this via fueling as that would mess its MPG and EPA tests.

If artificial noise to add excitement is a turnoff, then modifying any portion of the exhaust would be the same notion......

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
FWIW they can achieve it via timing as well. Focus & Fiesta ST cars get the aftermarket tunes with "crackle" by augmenting timing advance on decel. I doubt an OEM would resort to doing this via fueling as that would mess its MPG and EPA tests.

If artificial noise to add excitement is a turnoff, then modifying any portion of the exhaust would be the same notion......
You sit corrected, sir.

2014 Jaguar F-Type is calibrated for sonic delight - SAE International

They use extra fuel and late ignition to set off snaps, crackles, and pops. And I built my exhaust for lightweight and high flow. I'll admit the flow is probably too high for optimum scavenging at the engine's current VE. That the exhaust also produces snaps and pops is just a bonus.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You sit corrected, sir.

2014 Jaguar F-Type is calibrated for sonic delight - SAE International

They use extra fuel and late ignition to set off snaps, crackles, and pops. And I built my exhaust for lightweight and high flow. I'll admit the flow is probably too high for optimum scavenging at the engine's current VE. That the exhaust also produces snaps and pops is just a bonus.
Sweet. Wish we could do this to our cars. The crackle tune in the fiestas/focii are enough to make me want one.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
Thomas, my exhaust snaps and pops and burbles. And it's stock all the way through the secondary cats. I actually think it's an inefficiency that causes it; At low rpm the fuel isn't getting burned all the way, and the exhaust opens up too much, blah blah blah, you get pops and bangs.

My setup is a Y collector immediately after the secondary catalysts to a 3" system and a straight through, perforated, stainles scrubble filled, 6.5" resonator. after that it's just more pipe. Anyone could make it for you relatively cheap. And it's a lot cheaper and lighter than a dual exhaust. Now, mine isn't as rowdy as the jag, and it's probably not the best for hp/tq, but it sounds great. More people should go single pipe.

·
Registered
673 Posts
My boss has a '16 F-Type S AWD. It's a beautiful car and sounds pretty awesome for a supercharged V6. My other friend just bought herself a F-Type SVR, that thing is just ridiculous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts