·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
1stgengen
4,540 Posts
OM NOM NOM NOM!!!

WTF? Why haven't I heard anything about this!

Before anyone else asks... I wonder what tuning solution they are using.

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
Guys! We're all welcome to enjoy a truly! I've always wanted one of those.

But seriously...it looks pretty sweet. Was that supposed to be 353lb-ft torque instead of 53?

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy poop!!! Really!!!???? Who makes it!?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
dont they realize if they lower there asking price instead of getting very few people to buy it they will have tons of people....common sense, i get that they have maybe alot invested into it but your not going to really even make profit until you sell alot of them.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
Guys! We're all welcome to enjoy a truly! I've always wanted one of those.

But seriously...it looks pretty sweet. Was that supposed to be 353lb-ft torque instead of 53?
My guess is it is korean and the 53 is kg m which is 383 lb ft.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All this being said is there any VENDOR that could please JUMP ON THIS and hook it up with a GROUP BUY FOR A REASONABLE PRICE!?? and I will be one of ur first buyers if the price is RIGHT!

·
Registered
222 Posts
All this being said is there any VENDOR that could please JUMP ON THIS and hook it up with a GROUP BUY FOR A REASONABLE PRICE!?? and I will be one of ur first buyers if the price is RIGHT!
or just wait until our vendors come up with their own super/turbo chargers and give you the BEST price.

·
Smurf City
3 Posts
dont they realize if they lower there asking price instead of getting very few people to buy it they will have tons of people....common sense, i get that they have maybe alot invested into it but your not going to really even make profit until you sell alot of them.
As an engineer who has developed S/C kits from scratch before, I highly doubt that there is a ton of mark-up in those prices. Its difficult to see exactly what went into this kit but to get something like this to a more reasonable price (say $4-$5k) they would most likely be losing money on each kit they "sold".

Recovering the extensive cost of tuning the car is often the biggest mountain to climb. Again, this is based on my own experiences.

·
Former GenesisCoupe Owner
856 Posts
Pics of the car have been up for awhile. There is another one with the supercharger bolted on top of the motor like a roots style V8 as well. :)

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Soo many vendors tried to get s/c or t/c kits going but no v6 owners manned,up except the one fir turbokits.com, and that was for a kit at cost. If nobody will buy at cost, how many will buy at retail?

If youve onky got 5k to spend on mods you should skip the v6 if you want boost.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Soo many vendors tried to get s/c or t/c kits going but no v6 owners manned,up except the one fir turbokits.com, and that was for a kit at cost. If nobody will buy at cost, how many will buy at retail?

If youve onky got 5k to spend on mods you should skip the v6 if you want boost.
So u suggest going with the ls swap!?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
So u suggest going with the ls swap!?
V6 has potential, just expect to drop 7-10k to do it right. 5k will get you into an lsx, but a stage 3 2.0 makes the same power as the cheaper lsxs... Save up and do a built v6, There's a memver selling a 4.2 stroker kit too, somones gotta do it.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
As an engineer who has developed S/C kits from scratch before, I highly doubt that there is a ton of mark-up in those prices. Its difficult to see exactly what went into this kit but to get something like this to a more reasonable price (say $4-$5k) they would most likely be losing money on each kit they "sold".

Recovering the extensive cost of tuning the car is often the biggest mountain to climb. Again, this is based on my own experiences.
good to know

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
V6 has potential, just expect to drop 7-10k to do it right. 5k will get you into an lsx, but a stage 3 2.0 makes the same power as the cheaper lsxs... Save up and do a built v6, There's a memver selling a 4.2 stroker kit too, somones gotta do it.
Buuuuuttttt, then you get into the abundance and value of most performance upgrades for LSx engines.

It could be a never ending debate haha

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Buuuuuttttt, then you get into the abundance and value of most performance upgrades for LSx engines.

It could be a never ending debate haha
Agreed, and once I get to 350whp and want more the lsx will be very tempting... Making 320ft/lbs at 3000rpm is doing me good for now though.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts