Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been away for work the past 3 weeks and my dads been driving around in my car. I get home and this is whats on my hood / roof / trunk...There was apparently a really bad ice storm about a week ago, and my car was parked under a tree in front of my house. What do you think would do this damage?

Time for carbon fiber?? :dunno: Can I get an insurance claim on this?

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
My guess would be that your dad was a little rough with the brush/ice scraper... How deep are the scratches?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My guess would be that your dad was a little rough with the brush/ice scraper... How deep are the scratches?
they dont seem too deep...hairline most of them. I dunno he said he didnt even brush the snow off the hood or trunk. This sucks haha I dont really feel like spending money to get these buffed out

·
1stgengen
4,540 Posts
My car is outside all winter and doesn't have any of these marks on it. Based on the markings I can't really guess anything other than a scrapper or maybe a really harsh brush that could cause that damage. The marks look identical to the marks on my old car caused by an ice scrapper. They will buff out most likely. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to fix. I avoid using my scraper like the plague, even on the windshield.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Maybe small branches fell from the weight of the ice?
thats what i was thinking, there was a ton of branches on the ground but i dunno if branches would cause lines like that

Anyone have any pics of a carbon fiber hood / trunk on a black genesis? I feel like it wouldnt stand out enough like it would on a white genesis

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree on the ice scraper comments. Looked like he tried to get the ice off your hood and was a little rough.

Doubt it was trees...

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
looks like he used the bristles on the snow brush on your paint (big no-no). My black coupe is outside as well, and has nothing like this.

edit: some of them look like brush scratches, others definitely look like something impacted.

·
War Eagle!
705 Posts
Oh man I feel your pain. I've found even small scratches really hard to buff out on this black finish for some reason. The paint is really thin, so those scratches might be down to the primer. I've got a couple small ones that won't come out.

There's several people on here with CF on black. I think it looks great :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we can try to get them out bro if not i got the hood up for cf trunk n hood
Word bro thanks. Do you have a buffer or anything? If we cant get em out ill just end up buying a CF hood at least. The trunk scratches arent too bad

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
If you chose to pic up a cheap OEM hood I got one for $225 if you pick it up, 3.5 hours from LI or $350 hand delivered.
http://www.gencoupe.com/private-cla...-fs-oem-bblack-hood-great-condition-used.html

Its hard to tell from the pics but it looks to me like primer, I don't think you can buff it out. Though it is worth a shot. I am not gonna lie to you just to make a sale. If you were local I would try to buff it out for you, but I really don't think it will.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Looks like mayhem to me lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts