Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
That's a track V6 with a different trunk ... the r-spec was not out yet at that time ... I think it's called the GT-RW in Korea... with Advan RS wheels?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the swift reply!

How do you know that it's the V6?

[Edit] Also, regarding the distinction between Trac and R-Spec, how did you gather the model year?

·
Wide Open Ones
291 Posts
How do you know that it's the V6?
I'm guessing the turn signals on the mirrors; they only come on the V6 model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stumbled onto that pic while browsing Google Images. :)

Thanks for that link to the original thread...lots of drool-worthy GC goodness there.:woah:

·
Registered
12 Posts
3.8 gt-rw

Yup its a beautiful car. I am buying a new 3.8 GT-RW within the next two weeks. Can't wait to try out the paddle shifters.

I live in Korea so not sure if its different or the same as the American R-spec version.

will post pictures in the coming weeks. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup its a beautiful car. I am buying a new 3.8 GT-RW within the next two weeks. Can't wait to try out the paddle shifters.

I live in Korea so not sure if its different or the same as the American R-spec version.

will post pictures in the coming weeks. :)
The paddle shifters weren't impressive at all. When I test-drove a 2010 3.8 Track, the only part of the "paddle" that moved was a little button on the bottom of the paddles. I tried pressing on the entire paddle, and they wouldn't budge. They're just for show. Very disappointing. :(

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
? If you push the paddles (away from you) at the top, they work. If you pull the paddles (toward you) at the bottom, they work.

NFI what the above poster is saying.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
? If you push the paddles (away from you) at the top, they work. If you pull the paddles (toward you) at the bottom, they work.

NFI what the above poster is saying.
Interesting. This was my first experience with paddle-shifters. I didn't realize that you had to push the shifters away from you to engage them. That seems kind of backwards to me.

The bottoms of the paddles(that you pull toward you to engage) felt like buttons that were separate from the upper part of the paddle(which I thought didn't move, but apparently are meant for pushing away from you). Everything that I've seen about paddle-shifters thus far has had the entire paddle as one unit, which is pulled towards the driver, thus my assumptions with the GC.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
... They are one unit. It's like a see-saw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts