Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GenesisCoupe16'
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Genesis coupe family! Ive had my 3.8 Rspec for almost 2 years now (in February will be 2 years). A couple of days ago, I got to a stoplight and when came to a stop I noticed that my rpms werent steady and were fluctuating back and forth.. I stepped on the gas pedal to try to make the rpms steady again. The car seemed just fine after that stop. Does anyone know if this is normal to happen on the Genesis coupes? If it is what can be the issue with the car? Ive been keeping with my oil changes, and I put Chevron all the time. I want to figure something out before taking it to the dealer or the car geta worse. Anyone have ideas? They will be greatly appreciate it.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,427 Posts
If you have a MAF that may need cleaning. Not sure of what model, engine or year of your car though.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,427 Posts
The MAF is what measures the amount of air entering the motor. The 3.8L has it, the 2L doesn't.

You never posted what car you have.

·
Registered
237 Posts
How many miles are on your coupe? Your o2 sensors could be going bad or maybe spark plugs need to be changed, both of those can cause the rough idle.

·
GenesisCoupe16'
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. My car is really close to 16000 miles. Ive been noticing the idling/fluctuating more now. It happens as Im stopping and put my baby on neutral. It has gone up to or close 2000 rpms and 15000 rpms too... I hope its not any of those sensors, should I take her to the dealer? No lights on her dashboard are on.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,427 Posts
Clean the throttle body too. Mine was doing this last summer and finally set a code. But all it took to fix was a spray can of TB cleaner and hosing the TB down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts