Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 GC 3.8 V6 GT with about 128,600 miles (Push to Start). Today the strangest thing happened. When I went to turn on the car did not start, I press the button again and it started right up, but the radio and AC did not turn on like they normally do. I look at the dash and i see the immobilizer light on. I know the light turn on when you first start the car but turns off quickly. This light stayed on for much longer than it normally does. After about 10 seconds or so the light went away and the radio and AC worked again. When I went to turn the car off the same thing happened, first press did not turn the car off but second press did turn off the car. Sometimes the car starts up or turns off on the first press and sometimes it does at the second press. I have noticed that even with the immobilizer light is on I am still able to drive the car normally. What could be causing this? Most likely unrelated but i think the car is burning oil and there has been times I have smelt as if something was burning close to my car.

There are no real modification to my car. The only thing I have is the "My Key Premium" remote start module and that is it. I have had this installed for months and never had this issue. But I could try removing the module and see if it happens. I also thought I could try disconnecting my battery and do a "restart."

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never hurts to do a battery reset. And also the two fuses in the 'clip' on the interior fuse panel.
I tried disconnecting the battery and that did not seem to fix it. I will check the fuse but I just pulled out the remote start (luckily it was one of those that are plug and play). I will update my post if that seems to fix it just in case someone has the same issue as me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts