Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First let me tell you that this thing took forever to install completely and I would not recommend anybody else to do the same thing unless you have the entire weekend and have all the parts necessary.

Here is Video.. (Click on it)

My buddy (his name goes here) and I wired these things up over two weeks... Well mainly he did most of the wiring and I was there for moral support but I watched and learned everything :D

Multiple trips were needed to Radio Shack and Lowe's... :gc-wmscared0016:

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
thats one nice addon! something Hyundai should've included..

·
Registered
5 Posts
No not yet anyways. Your vid looked cool. How do you open and close them? With just a switch inside the car? Got more vids of LEDs working too? And opening and closing from inside the car?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No not yet anyways. Your vid looked cool. How do you open and close them? With just a switch inside the car? Got more vids of LEDs working too? And opening and closing from inside the car?
opening and closing is done when the car is turned on and off.. no switches at all.. this is done by using two relays (one to provide +12v and one to provide -12V) to open and close the mirrors.. Leds works as well.. that was the easy part.. I can get pics and videos of that as well if you want...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very nice. Props man.

·
Registered
716 Posts
waitin for these to arrive.....need a DIY or email me at [email protected] NYC area(brooklyn)....weekend project?...lol...let me know......

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
I've been wanting to do this but we haven't been able to figure out which pin is the power fold option, can you give just the pin out of the mirror end? I'm Canadian so I've already got heated mirrors and the turn signals are easy.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been wanting to do this but we haven't been able to figure out which pin is the power fold option, can you give just the pin out of the mirror end? I'm Canadian so I've already got heated mirrors and the turn signals are easy.
finally Snoopy saw this thread... :D

do you have the import shark LED mirrors... I am not sure what mirrors are put on your car.. (if it has the motor in it)

if you can just pop off the door panel and take a picture I can tell you what each pin does..

·
Registered
376 Posts
So am I understanding this right... The Import shark mirrors are heated and have the folding motor inside it? I have a 2.0t and am looking for a good project.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
finally Snoopy saw this thread... :D

do you have the import shark LED mirrors... I am not sure what mirrors are put on your car.. (if it has the motor in it)

if you can just pop off the door panel and take a picture I can tell you what each pin does..
I don't have them yet, I didn't order them because Arvin didn't have the pinouts and I honestly didn't have the patience to figure it out. If I can get the pinout then I'll get a set.

I'll try and get a pic but will these help you say which is which?

Side repeater;

Mirror heater;

Directional;

So from what I've figured out pin out is as follows;
1:
2:
3:
4:Mirror Heater
5:
6:Mirror Control
7:Mirror Control
8:
9:
10:
11:Side Repeater
12:Side Repeater
13:Mirror Heater
14:
15:
16:Mirror Control

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't have them yet, I didn't order them because Arvin didn't have the pinouts and I honestly didn't have the patience to figure it out. If I can get the pinout then I'll get a set.

I'll try and get a pic but will these help you say which is which?

Side repeater;

Mirror heater;

Directional;

So from what I've figured out pin out is as follows;
1:
2:
3:
4:Mirror Heater
5:
6:Mirror Control
7:Mirror Control
8:
9:
10:
11:Side Repeater
12:Side Repeater
13:Mirror Heater
14:
15:
16:Mirror Control
if I remember correctly.. 5 and 14 are the power folding option..

1 - 20 of 373 Posts