Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody order anything from them recently? I ordered a grill on 1/15 and haven't received it yet and also ordered a spoiler and mirrors on 1/25. I was told on 2/7 that all of it would be shipped by 2/11 yet I haven't received anything yet and now I can't even get an email reply. NY to VA is 2 days max shipping. Anyone know if something happened there?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I was told my order would be delayed just because of the volume of orders right now.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
I ordered my grill and emblem from Mike and it took longer than expected. I think the grill had to be painted and shipped from Korea (I can't fully remember).

I also live in Canada, so our lovely borders probably delayed shipment a bit more.

I never tried to email Mike or Importshark, I always went through PMs. Even though his responses were a day or so delayed, I always heard back from him

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
Which grill did you order?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I originally ordered the painted Luxon grill but got an email saying they received it damaged, ordered a second one and it was damaged, so I changed my order to the M&S Type D. I usually heard back same day when I sent emails but haven't received an update since the 7th and sent an email Tuesday and Wednesday and received no replies.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
This makes me feel good.... considering I just made an order last night... however, I only ordered new emblems...since mine are tarnished to ****...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it makes you feel any better, I did order an emblem in my first order and I got that in about 2 weeks or so.

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
Yeah, I'm still waiting on my order but Mike has explained why in a timely manner.

Give him a little bit of time.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Oh jeez...

PEOPLE PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS!!

Also, please note the shipping times on our website.
Also also, please remember that Korean New Year just finished and prevented over 2 weeks of business time.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I ordered a single exhaust cover and pillar pod, and got the pillar pod in about two weeks which is exactly what he said it would take and the cover should be here soon. They do take like two weeks to process the order before it ships that why it takes a little longer.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
Off topic, which grills did you guys get?

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
It may have been a Sarona urethane grill. These have not been produced lately due to a manufacturing equipment upgrade that the install company botched and is now scrambling to fix Sarona's machinery.

Yes, this time it's NOT Sarona's fault!

If it was a M&S grill, then they are coming in soon. Delayed by Korean new year.

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
Breathe Mike... Breathe haha

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
I was just wondering what grills Lauren and Livnlow ordered... I was thinking of ordering one this summer... I've been actually leaning more towards the sarona grill or sequence grill. I'm just wondering if they would look good painted black like my car, but my fog bezels are stock, so I was wondering if that would make it look like crap...unless I got the sequence fog bezels to go with it and had them painted black too.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
I bought the Type-D grill!!! SEXY!!!!! Only thing I did NOT like about it was that it came with two sided tape to "hold" it to the bumper along the bottom. That tape lifted in about 2 hours (even with proper cleaning & prepping of the bumper).

It didn't sit flush until I removed the tabs that hold the stock grill in place, then everything matched PERFECTLY!

Regardless of the snags, I <3 THIS GRILL!!!

Also forgot to add, both those pics were taken BEFORE the tabs were cut off from the bumper. It sits even closer now

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I originally ordered the Luxon but I changed my order to the M&S Type D after Mike informed me about problems receiving damaged Luxon grills.

Just to be clear, I didn't start this thread as a bashing or complaint thread. I was just used to the quick replies from Mike and when I didn't receive any parts this week and hadn't heard back via email, I got concerned.

There could have been a death in the family, labor strike overseas, or even the shop might have been hit by a meteor. You just get anxious when you spend about $900 starting a month ago and you haven't received any goods yet.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
I didn't take you starting this thread as a "bash". Mike has great service and if I had the money I would be buying more things from him in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't mean you specifically Lauren. I just wanted that as sort of a disclaimer. I don't want to cost them money by deterring any potential buyers. I've just never really dealt with aftermarket parts that mainly came from overseas. Truth be told, I've got another nice chunk of change I'd like to send theie way but I wanted to test the waters with these first 2 orders.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts