Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BOMB TECH
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

Im in need of help, im trying to figure out if i should buy a $1200 ARK exhaust with downpipe and test pipe(i have no idea what a test pipe is) or spend that $1200 on; tint($130-$200), suspension(sportlines $160 off ebay), SFR super LUX taillights($380), matte black wing emblems($60) if my math is correct thats $800 i dont know what id spen the other $400 on

car right now is a stock 2.0t Rspec except i have green hids

also Id like to hear what other people would do with the $1200.

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
Hello

Im in need of help, im trying to figure out if i should buy a $1200 ARK exhaust with downpipe and test pipe(i have no idea what a test pipe is) or spend that $1200 on; tint($130-$200), suspension(sportlines $160 off ebay), SFR super LUX taillights($380), matte black wing emblems($60) if my math is correct thats $800 i dont know what id spen the other $400 on

car right now is a stock 2.0t Rspec except i have green hids

also Id like to here what other people would do with the $1200.
:facepalm: Prepare your flamesuit.

Honestly, I'd work on getting all the other stuff. Keep the $400 for car payments (if you have them).

Then save up and start buying bolt-ons.

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
green HID's? Why? Just why? I would save your money for all the tickets you're going to get.

Ark seems overpriced- There are more exhaust options out there. Test pipe means no catalytic converters. If you live in a place with strict emissions this would be a bad idea. It creates the most power for an exhaust though on a turbo car. It also results in a check engine light. Personally I think ark isn't the greatest sounding exhaust, and not sure about the highest performance.

Superluxes are amazing though, and they're becoming VERY hard to find.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
at least the OP's HIDs aren't purple/violet..
get the SuperLux tails, tint, springs, emblems and non green HIDs that actually allow you to see the road further ahead :)

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Honestly, it's all in how you prioritize things. Believe it or not, $1200 for an ARK exhaust system that includes a downpipe and a test pipe is not a bad deal. It's actually pretty good.

Also, as long as you retain your primary O2, then you should not have much to worry about in regard to passing any smog/pollution tests.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
NOTE: Removing your secondary cat will NOT throw a code. ;) Voila!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I read the whole thing, read green hids and forgot what your post was about.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
I got whole ark exhaust system and don't regret it one bit I love it! And don't have check engine light on!

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
I'm doing performance first then I'll worry about looks but that's just me

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
The ARK full exhaust definately.

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
get a live custom tune best bang for buck if its a good tuner!

·
BOMB TECH
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
could someone give me so ideas or exhaust that sound good are reasonably prices and dont give me a CEL

also ive been eye balling some brand new Ksport kontrol pro coilovers for $900 shipped is this a good deal?

·
I'm Imran.
2,708 Posts
could someone give me so ideas or exhaust that sound good are reasonably prices and dont give me a CEL

also ive been eye balling some brand new Ksport kontrol pro coilovers for $900 shipped is this a good deal?
injen,7ism,ark,magnaflow..and theres a bunch more.

Mike from importshark can hook you up on a great deal for an injen exhaust and theres a groupbuy which is being set up for the 7ism exhaust

·
BOMB TECH
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how much it is the groupbuy gonna set me back?

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
there's also the carnet exhaust that'll be coming to market...

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Yes, the 3.8 Carnet systems will be available in March. We are currently working on stocking quite a few 2.0 systems though.

Oh and $160 for Sportlines? They must be used or imitations. Buyer beware.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts