Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if there is any "unnecessary" sound damping details in the airbox or its connections that can be removed?
Soon i will delete the rear cats, but i would like to get more sound out from the intake system if possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dunno where ur at with sound, but with the right exhaust.... U will have it (2013 Gen Cpe 3.8 Track with Borla Cat Back) The sound makes me feel invincible at the next traffic light..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course the sound is improved with the right exhaust system, but i´ve read somewhere about some kind of sound restriction/damper in or around the airbox.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Their is a carbon filter inside the top part of the air box. Their are a few threads about it. Removing that plus a K&N filter increased intake noises a good bit for me

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their is a carbon filter inside the top part of the air box. Their are a few threads about it. Removing that plus a K&N filter increased intake noises a good bit for me
- Thank´s, this was done almost immidiately. What i´m looking for is some kind of sound damping ridges in the airbox or its connections. Maybe on the later models of Genesis.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Look at 3.8 performance path thread. Scroll down to stock intake vs. ....then click on link. This will take you to how to remove the fins, as well as sound tube if you want.
Also a thread called all you wanted to know about the stock air box...(or close to that)
Mines a 2013 and apparently Hyundai already molded the box for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at 3.8 performance path thread. Scroll down to stock intake vs. ....then click on link. This will take you to how to remove the fins, as well as sound tube if you want.
Also a thread called all you wanted to know about the stock air box...(or close to that)
Mines a 2013 and apparently Hyundai already molded the box for me.
- Thank´s a lot for the tip, but that thread is related to the 2013- and up. Does this apply also to the BK1´s?

·
Registered
70 Posts
As i remember, he does mention mods good for bk1 and bk2. Some mods aren't as effective for both models. There is another write up by genracer I think is the SN. But like I mentioned, the other he does explain for both.

·
Registered
70 Posts

He discusses both types. It should point you in the right direction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts