Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Former GenesisCoupe Owner
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ever thought of fabbing somethin up for the V6? I know it would be expensive, and tuning would be an absolute nightmare. It would be really unique, and cool.
So what are everyone else's thoughts on this? :)

·
Former GenesisCoupe Owner
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something like this:

:)

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
You can use existing V6 ITB setups.
You just need to fab the section of where the injectors are.

The real issue is converting a DBW setup to cable.

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
Or just build the system to utilize the DBW system.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
b/t the dbw, maf, and tuning or replacing the fort knox ecu it's more expensive than practical. you would do better with a new upper manifold and two tbs or a new upper and a larger tb for the throttle response advantage. you don't really make alot of power from itb's you just have rediculously precise control over the engines throttle response. tuning itbs on old cars is hard enough. i asked around about this about a year or two ago.

as far at dbw to cable conversion there are ways to have dbw control the main throttle linkage that operates the itbs. it's just a really expensive process. it's kinda turned into one of those "do it because i can and i'm showing off" things.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Got a spare 8-10 grand burning a hole in your pocket with nothing better to do? Then, maybe...

Cool? Yes. Practical? Nope.

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
Is there a ITB setup that works with DBW?

I would imagine that having at least a dual control DBW would be a PITA to calibrate.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah, BMW m5/m6 v10's and the new m3's v8 that I know of. BMW has been doing it for years. I'm sure there is more, I just can't of them off the top of my head.

Control is all software now. It would be a pain for us to attempt, but most highend race teams run it. By most, I mean teams with 6-7 digit budgets.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
or just swap the VQ motor from the 370Z.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
well the quickest way to get a v6 that performs similarly and has dual dbw throttle would be to swap a vq37hr.

but if you're gonna do swaps then someone sohuld try taking it from a new explorer.

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
new explorer? ford?

I though vq designated engines were nissan, unless ford uses similar designation.

No need to do a full blown engine swap, just to have ITB. Just get a standalone ECU.
The issues I presented, I asked because most don't realize them.

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
well the quickest way to get a v6 that performs similarly and has dual dbw throttle would be to swap a vq37hr.

but if you're gonna do swaps then someone sohuld try taking it from a new explorer.
new explorer? ford?

I though vq designated engines were nissan, unless ford uses similar designation.

No need to do a full blown engine swap, just to have ITB. Just get a standalone ECU.
The issues I presented, I asked because most don't realize them.
vq is nissan

we no longer get the explorer so pics please bad!

multi throttle can be done but cable only with std ecu or standalone!

std ecu requires a maf to map converter and then tuning!

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
std ecu would require you to eliminate the:
pedal input -> TB actuation -> TBS response
sequence from ecu.
Plus pedal and cables :p

And for MAF, you would need to calibrate down the sensor response and would just be easier to attach 1 MAF sensor to a TB.

Most people that go ITB on other cars, just install a standalone and go off MAP

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
std ecu would require you to eliminate the:
pedal input -> TB actuation -> TBS response
sequence from ecu.
Plus pedal and cables :p

and you know this how? have you done this before? i have and i have my methods that work and are driving / drifting around china
And for MAF, you would need to calibrate down the sensor response and would just be easier to attach 1 MAF sensor to a TB.

will it now? you seem to be sure of yourself please explain how its done! please explain how you will get all 6 new mafs to read the same as 1 for the ecu to understand?
Most people that go ITB on other cars, just install a standalone and go off MAP
no most people who go itb with standalone's use tps if they have a clue!

map on itb requires balance pipes and still is not as accurate as tps or maf due to poor vac reference but you new this yes? hence you omitting it from your reply so i could mention it!

my previously mentioned method is not ideal but it will work! its your only option short of standalone or piggy with its own ign & injector drivers!

lastly ill say this again do you really think ill post on this site without the knowledge that ill be challenged by you or others? now think carefully here! why would i post something unless it were true in those circumstances?

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
Dude, what is your problem?

Almost all the threads that you have participated in, you just make it sound like everyone is against you and that you have a case of schizophrenia.

Others on the forum have noticed it, mods have noticed it and have even warned/advised you.
If it's your humor, then.... It's not really humor, unless there is someone to recipricate it AS humor.

My knowledge consists of MSnS standalones, nissan L24-L28ET, KA24DE, CA engines, Volvo jet stream V6 boat motors, and ford 5.0 engines.

Look up KA24DE ITB setups.
And yes I am wrong about the MAP. I did a quick search on ITB conversions someone mentioned using the MAP and delete the MAF.

std ecu requires a maf to map converter and then tuning!
And you said this in your previous post along with this in your last.

map on itb requires balance pipes and still is not as accurate as tps or maf due to poor vac reference but you new this yes? hence you omitting it from your reply so i could mention it!

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Dude, what is your problem?

try i post and you jump in stating the opposite without researching first in a matter of fact manner (should i not be paranoid after the other threads?)
Almost all the threads that you have participated in, you just make it sound like everyone is against you and that you have a case of schizophrenia.

i am schizophrenic :hello::hello::mad2::mad2::rofl::rofl:
Others on the forum have noticed it, mods have noticed it and have even warned/advised you.
If it's your humor, then.... It's not really humor, unless there is someone to recipricate it AS humor.

My knowledge consists of MSnS standalones, nissan L24-L28ET, KA24DE, CA engines, Volvo jet stream V6 boat motors, and ford 5.0 engines.

i don't want to know your knowledge that was humor giving you back some of what i received from you and others! msns? mega squirt? if so god help us! love the L series 4's and 6's built thousands, i may still be record holder for ca's @ 395rwkw? (so i was told by customer) 5.0 fords arn't they the ones with smaller ports than any of the above mentioned engines?
Look up KA24DE ITB setups.

why i have cable throttle working in gen coupes?
And yes I am wrong about the MAP. I did a quick search on ITB conversions someone mentioned using the MAP and delete the MAF.

And you said this in your previous post along with this in your last.

yes sarcasm the great australian humor!
i'm going to start a fresh slate with you!

1, if your looking @ mega squirt sites then map is what they preach as thats all they have! (well in 02 the last time i made one) trust me its the most basic of entry level available it works fine on basic stuff but not here!

2, tps all the way on itb set ups

3, itb into plenums into maf bit ugly but will work

4, map being most practical for the gen coupe std ecu when used in conjunction with a converter!

5, how about straight up and cut a hole in the hood with hornet scoop!:rofl::rofl::rofl: (now this was humor too!)

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
The 5.0 that was in my datsun before I sold it was from a wrecked shelby cobra replica that was build. I just shoved it into the chassis (after i fabbed up the whole front half of the car).

You have a gen in australia? they don't have them in RHD yet.

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
The 5.0 that was in my datsun before I sold it was from a wrecked shelby cobra replica that was build. I just shoved it into the chassis (after i fabbed up the whole front half of the car).

You have a gen in australia? they don't have them in RHD yet.
no the gen referred to is in china as per my previous post!

although i do have 1 coming for product development and drifting!

and as i have vehicle manufacturers trade plates i can drive anything rhd / lhd car or truck for model development purposes (yes we make new cars in one of my businesses)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
no vqs arent in fords. i was trying to say if you're gonna sway just to swap look at the ecoboost as an option too. 365 hp 3.5ttv6

1 - 20 of 32 Posts