Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Hi cowcow, thanks for all your reports and advice. I've been following this thread as I have finally decided to purchase a Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium. Would you be able to provide me with the dealership of choice in Greater Toronto Area, Ontario (same one you've been advising)?

I just signed up on this forum, would you be able to PM me?

Thanks.

· man (ual) up
166 Posts
:eek: no more cash discount?

· Registered
126 Posts
For once cowcow was wrong. I just signed up for CarcostCanada and there is a $4000 cash rebate + $500 grad rebate for 2011s until the end of August.

Cash Incentives
Security Deposit Waiver $0.00 August 31, 2011
Dealer Cash/Factory to Dealer Rebate - Please see General Comments $4,000.00 August 31, 2011
Graduate Rebate Program/Factory to Customer Rebate $500.00 August 31, 2011

NOTE: This only applies to the 2.0T Premium and above. The 2011 2.0T base does not qualify for a cash rebate which makes me wonder why anyone would get anything but the 2.0T premium.

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
For once cowcow was wrong. I just signed up for CarcostCanada and there is a $4000 cash rebate + $500 grad rebate for 2011s until the end of August.

Cash Incentives
Security Deposit Waiver $0.00 August 31, 2011
Dealer Cash/Factory to Dealer Rebate - Please see General Comments $4,000.00 August 31, 2011
Graduate Rebate Program/Factory to Customer Rebate $500.00 August 31, 2011

NOTE: This only applies to the 2.0T Premium and above. The 2011 2.0T base does not qualify for a cash rebate which makes me wonder why anyone would get anything but the 2.0T premium.
They must have changed it since I checked when it first came out (August 3 or 4) and they did not have the cash discount for the 2011s. Thanks for the update.

· Registered
126 Posts
They must have changed it since I checked when it first came out (August 3 or 4) and they did not have the cash discount for the 2011s. Thanks for the update.
I just talked to a bunch of dealers. The reason the 2011 2.0T Base doesn't have the rebate is because they don't have any left. There is one black one left in Ontario and a few silver ones.

Ottawa must have sold record numbers of the GC: Delowry has two 3.8s and no 2.0s, Orleans only has 4 but they do have two 2011 2.0T Premiums, there are NO 2.0T bases left in Ottawa.

I'm pretty frustrated with this because I should have bought a 2011 2.0T Base back in May when they had the $4000 factory rebate. Now I have to get a 2012 2.0T Base with a smaller rebate! Test driving a Mustang tomorrow for sure.

· Registered
499 Posts
@pastuch - Thanks for that info! I think I may check out the dilawri dealership if they have some 3.8s. I was in TO last week and they were having a hard time finding them! maybe there's some hope lol

@cowcow - Thanks for posting this thread it's been a great help trying to figure out pricing!

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·

· Registered
33 Posts
Hi Cowcow, I just picked up my GC today. 2.0T Premium Manual in grey. I love it! Thanks for helping me get a good deal.

I saw in your gencoupe garage that you have the GPS re-location bezel install. Where did you get the bezel, and are you still able to attach the iPod after hooking up the GPS aux?

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Hi Cowcow, I just picked up my GC today. 2.0T Premium Manual in grey. I love it! Thanks for helping me get a good deal.

I saw in your gencoupe garage that you have the GPS re-location bezel install. Where did you get the bezel, and are you still able to attach the iPod after hooking up the GPS aux?
Not a problem and happy to help.

I bought the relocator kit (bezel for gps and bezel for stock blue screen) off ebay (search "genesis coupe navigation"). The GPS is actually just your run of the mill Magellan (9020, 7" screen). You don't need to run an aux to the stock system as i just use the stock speaker from the GPS unit and can hear it fine.

The stock blue screen is relocated down where your cig lighter is now and you don't have to cut/splice any wires.

Let me know if you need help installing it.

· Registered
10 Posts
Hey Cowcow

Im new to the forum but you seem to be the person to ask about buying a new genesis. Im looking to trade in my 2008 Mazda 3 with low kms and use the difference between the lean as the down payment. I know theres 0% financing at the moment on 2012's but is there no signing bonuses etc? Its seems unlikely that I can find a 2011 at this point. Ideally, after the trade in, I want the car for $25-26k OTD.

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
How many kms are on the car and what do you still owe on it?

A 2011 premium 2.0t manual will cost ~$27,500 OTD with a $4000 cash discount (you must pay with cash) and a 2012 premium 2,0t manual will cost ~$29,500 OTD with a $2250 cash discount (again, must pay with cash). I got these numbers by marking up the invoice by $300 (for dealer profit) and adding taxes and fees.

You'll need to see what you owe on the car and approx. how much a dealer would give you on the trade in. From there, you can calculate the approximate price you pay on the new car (numbers are subject to your negotiation skills).

· Registered
10 Posts
How many kms are on the car and what do you still owe on it?

A 2011 premium 2.0t manual will cost ~$27,500 OTD with a $4000 cash discount (you must pay with cash) and a 2012 premium 2,0t manual will cost ~$29,500 OTD with a $2250 cash discount (again, must pay with cash). I got these numbers by marking up the invoice by $300 (for dealer profit) and adding taxes and fees.

You'll need to see what you owe on the car and approx. how much a dealer would give you on the trade in. From there, you can calculate the approximate price you pay on the new car (numbers are subject to your negotiation skills).
My car has about $8600 left on the financing loan. I could probably sell it for $14000 but obviously the dealer wont give me $5000 trade for it. I work for a bank so if I get the loan through work at prime which isnt terrible but when you consider that over the course of the 60 months, if prime stayed at 3% (which it wont) and I got the car for $26,000 OTD, I'll have paid over $2000 in interest anyway, so really the $2250 cash discount is useless unless you have a lot of cash saved up. Its definitely worth it if I can find a 2011 but very unlikely I will.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.