Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hey Cowcow,

Thanks for being helpful to gencoupe fans all over with these CCC reports.
I had planned on purchasing a Gencoupe up until a short while ago, when I had a change of heart and can't get a new Camaro LS out of my mind.
I was wondering if you could help me out with pricing one of these? I also live in Canada, and I find it hard to get this kind of information for canadians. I just don't want to miss out on any potential rebates or incentives that the dealer may not share with me.

I really appreciate your help, cheers.
CCC is a cost site. Im suspecting that Cowcow has paid for the service and used it for the Gen coupe so he (and others) could give that information month to month as its updated and provided since you have the subscription on that car. Now i understand that they offer multiple option and can look up other vehicles in your PAID package, so technically he or others could do it as a favour...But think about what youre asking. You want someone to effectively pay and do the research for you on a model he likely hasnt seen or looked up. Should he be the source for everyone all over to look up your dealer invoice price on any make and model? Not likely. He may do the favour but to expect anyone to come on here and ask him to look up this vehicle and that vehicle is a bit over the line. My 2 cents (he may actually do it for you but whats really the incentive)
My suggestion....find a Camaro forum out there. Im sure they do the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't realize he might have to spend time of money on getting this information. I should have considered that.

Regardless, I was aware of the type of favour I was asking for here. I was also aware of the flack I might get from some other members, as I am asking now about a completely different car. I agree with this being over the line, and especially so if he has to put any time or money into the effort to help me out. I also appreciate that you are sticking up for him so he doesn't feel obliged to help out.

Still, I read through all of the 2011 CCC thread and feel like he's the type of guy who enjoys helping people get a car for the right price. A GC, for sure. So I thought I'd ask, I really don't have any other means of obtaining this information except getting the CCC report for myself. And I wouldn't know what to do with it then.

Cowcow, I'm not sure how this CCC stuff works, so without editing my initial message I'd prefer here, now, to revoke the request.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I didn't realize he might have to spend time of money on getting this information. I should have considered that.

Regardless, I was aware of the type of favour I was asking for here. I was also aware of the flack I might get from some other members, as I am asking now about a completely different car. I agree with this being over the line, and especially so if he has to put any time or money into the effort to help me out. I also appreciate that you are sticking up for him so he doesn't feel obliged to help out.

Still, I read through all of the 2011 CCC thread and feel like he's the type of guy who enjoys helping people get a car for the right price. A GC, for sure. So I thought I'd ask, I really don't have any other means of obtaining this information except getting the CCC report for myself. And I wouldn't know what to do with it then.

Cowcow, I'm not sure how this CCC stuff works, so without editing my initial message I'd prefer here, now, to revoke the request.
I do have to pay for the ccc reports when i pull a new car. I did however google "camaro ls carcostcanada" and found this:

Car Cost Canada reports - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Granted it's only the 2010 model but you can see from the report the approximate room you have to deal with when negotiating. (Difference of $2,537 from MSRP to Invoice) Keep in mind when negotiating that the dealer needs to make money too (i usually quote $300 over invoice but that's because of the dealer i refer people to).

Looking at the GM site, the price of the car has not changed so you can basically use the 2010 CCC to buy a 2011 car. There's also a $2000-$3000 cash discount (depending on location, not sure how gm cash discount works)

Retail Price* Wholesale Price**
Base $26,995.00 $24,458.00
Freight $1,350.00 $1,350.00
Optional equipment selected
- FEDERAL AIR CONDITIONING EXCISE TAX (-EXTAX) $100.00 $100.00
- PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP -inc: contents listed in STD equipment (1SA) $0.00 $0.00
- 3.6L DOHC SIDI V6 ENGINE W/VARIABLE VALVE TIMING (VVT) (STD) (LLT) $0.00 $0.00
- 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION (STD) (MN6) $0.00 $0.00
Dealer Marketing Association $67.00
Totals including all items above $28,445.00 $25,975.00

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Cowcow, that was very helpful. I'm embarassed I didn't google the same phrase myself...

I have a question about the 3.7% rate you were mentioning to go with on the GC during the high cash incentive promotion last month. Where does this rate come from? Isn't your interest rate a subjective case between each customer and the bank? Or was this a particular rate offered by a particular bank, exclusively for GC's during that period?

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks Cowcow, that was very helpful. I'm embarassed I didn't google the same phrase myself...

I have a question about the 3.7% rate you were mentioning to go with on the GC during the high cash incentive promotion last month. Where does this rate come from? Isn't your interest rate a subjective case between each customer and the bank? Or was this a particular rate offered by a particular bank, exclusively for GC's during that period?
That rate is a special rate that Hyundai has negotiated with a bank (RBC). It's the same with all other finance rates in that you need to be approved for it. The rate should be for all Hyundai models (you'd need to pull a ccc to see however) for the current incentive term (month).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Car Saver - Car Invoice Prices & Incentives For Canada

Its free and gives the exact same invoice prices that cowcow gets from CCC, including the incentives. :D
I checked out Carsaver.ca. Striped is right, it does provide everything CCC does and I would argue that overall it's a better value although less proven for success.

Better: Carsaver emails you the quote as opposed to showing it to you on the website which makes the information portable. I can reference the email anytime without having to login to a poorly designed website like CCC.

Worse: Carsaver doesn't include the manufacturer rebates in the email, you have to click the rebates field on the site while your making the quote which is a pain to reference later, though no worse than CCC.

WAY Better: With Carsaver.ca the basic quotes are Free. You can contact the sales managers yourself and potentially save the $40. The premium membership ($40) does not have a restriction on the number of quotes and has a "guaranteed" best price section. I haven't paid for it because I'm already a CCC member.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Incentives for October (End October 31, 2011)

Cash Incentive $2,250 (All models except 2.0t base manual)

Finance Rate 0.00% up to 60 months
Finance Rate 0.90% for 72 months

Future Value Finance Rate 1.29% for 60 months term/84 months amortization

Lease Rate 3.90% for 36 months
Lease Rate 4.90% for 48 months
Lease Rate 5.90% for 60 months

Smart Finance Rate (Loan from bank in order to take advantage of cash discount, if required)
2.99% up to 72 months

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cowcow,

Can you please send me your referral for a dealer you mentioned in your post? I like to pick up a genesis coupe 2.0T Premium/Manual for 3% above invoice asap.

Thanks,

Romey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cowcow,

Thank you for your advice and referral. I purchased a white 2.0T premium manual and should be taking delivery on Monday!

Much appreciated,

Romey

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked out Carsaver.ca. Striped is right, it does provide everything CCC does and I would argue that overall it's a better value although less proven for success.

Better: Carsaver emails you the quote as opposed to showing it to you on the website which makes the information portable. I can reference the email anytime without having to login to a poorly designed website like CCC.

Worse: Carsaver doesn't include the manufacturer rebates in the email, you have to click the rebates field on the site while your making the quote which is a pain to reference later, though no worse than CCC.

WAY Better: With Carsaver.ca the basic quotes are Free. You can contact the sales managers yourself and potentially save the $40. The premium membership ($40) does not have a restriction on the number of quotes and has a "guaranteed" best price section. I haven't paid for it because I'm already a CCC member.
Hey Pastuch,

Thanks for the heads up regarding Car Saver - Car Invoice Prices & Incentives For Canada. You're right, they are totally free with no scams what so ever. I was skeptical at first but I got my invoice price report via email instantly. I've seem a ccc report before and it's cluttered with so much bs i don't need. carsaver straight up provides the invoice price and the incentives and rebates. IMO, these are the only items a person should need when negotiating for a car.

I actually used their premium service for $40 and got a quote for a gen coup auto premium. it was invoice plus $259 and take off whatever incentives were applicable based on my payment option (essentially making it below invoice). It's hard to imagine that the dealer is only making $259 on the car LOL! Unfortunately, due to family reasons, I am delaying my gen coup purchase until later but wanted to share my experience with y'all.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey Pastuch,

Thanks for the heads up regarding Car Saver - Car Invoice Prices & Incentives For Canada. You're right, they are totally free with no scams what so ever. I was skeptical at first but I got my invoice price report via email instantly. I've seem a ccc report before and it's cluttered with so much bs i don't need. carsaver straight up provides the invoice price and the incentives and rebates. IMO, these are the only items a person should need when negotiating for a car.

I actually used their premium service for $40 and got a quote for a gen coup auto premium. it was invoice plus $259 and take off whatever incentives were applicable based on my payment option (essentially making it below invoice). It's hard to imagine that the dealer is only making $259 on the car LOL! Unfortunately, due to family reasons, I am delaying my gen coup purchase until later but wanted to share my experience with y'all.
It's not that unbelievable for the dealer to only be making $260 on a car. You need to remember that most dealers that sell at a lower price sell by volume. And because they sell by volume, they get a larger kickback from Hyundai for meeting and/or exceeding quotas.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
any new specials cow cow?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Incentives for November (End November 30, 2011)

Cash Incentive $2,250 (All models except 2.0t base manual)

Finance Rate 0.00% up to 60 months
Finance Rate 0.90% for 72 months

Future Value Finance Rate 1.29% for 60 months term/84 months amortization

Lease Rate 3.90% for 36 months
Lease Rate 4.90% for 48 months
Lease Rate 5.90% for 60 months

Smart Finance Rate (Loan from bank in order to take advantage of cash discount, if required)
2.99% up to 84 months

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
thanks.....nothing has really changed for the last few months :(

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If the rumours are true and the 2013 is coming out early (I believe it will), the 2012 should have better incentives soon.
thats why I'm trying to hold off as long as possible.....i know around january dealers are going to be hungry for sales

·
Registered
57 Posts
If the rumours are true and the 2013 is coming out early (I believe it will), the 2012 should have better incentives soon.
Has Hyundai Canada ever had 0% financing for 84 months on a Genesis Coupe? I'd assume it would only be on the 2012 model next year as you suggest.

Also, what is the likelihood (based on pervious years) that the new 2013 model will have ANY incentives?

Thank you.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts