Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Has Hyundai Canada ever had 0% financing for 84 months on a Genesis Coupe? I'd assume it would only be on the 2012 model next year as you suggest.

Also, what is the likelihood (based on pervious years) that the new 2013 model will have ANY incentives?

Thank you.
0% for 84 months has happened before but they also usually have a ~$4000 cash discount the same time as the 0%/84 that it's usually cheaper overall to take the cash discount and finance through the dealer (through RBC) using the Smart Finance Rate (it's been roughly 3% the past 2 years).

The 2013 most likely won't have any incentives when it first comes out since it's a refresh model. I don't work for Hyundai so I don't have any real info and any info I state is just from experience.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well I'm driving my moms Miata this winter. Been following the GC for 3 years but I can't get over the transmission. I'm not a fan of the current 6 speed. The Aisin 6 speed they are using in the new FRS/BRZ is the same transmission as the one in the Honda S2000 and the Miata which is a HUGE plus for me.

The FRS is to be released between March and June so I assume the same can be said for the 2013 GC. The Thailand floods are hurting auto parts suppliers, I know it's affecting Toyota but not sure about Hyundai.

Performance wise the FRS/BRZ vs Genesis Coupe should be more or less equal:

2013 Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ: 2670 pounds - 200hp - Aizin AZ6 Transmission
2013 Genesis Coupe: 3400 pounds - 275hp

The big question now is: Did Hyundai put a new MT6 in the GC? If they did, what MT6 did they use?

·
Registered
57 Posts
0% for 84 months has happened before but they also usually have a ~$4000 cash discount the same time as the 0%/84 that it's usually cheaper overall to take the cash discount and finance through the dealer (through RBC) using the Smart Finance Rate (it's been roughly 3% the past 2 years).

The 2013 most likely won't have any incentives when it first comes out since it's a refresh model. I don't work for Hyundai so I don't have any real info and any info I state is just from experience.
Does the invoice price change every year? For example, the OTD price for the 2.0 base auto is 30,455.75. Will this number go down when the 2013 hits the dealerships? Or rather, only the cash discount will lower the OTD price next year?

I'm new to invoice pricing so my apologies...

:gc-wmscared0016:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Incentives for December (End January 2, 2011)

Cash Incentive $2,250 (All models except 2.0t base manual)

Finance Rate 0.00% up to 60 months
Finance Rate 0.90% for 72 months

Future Value Finance Rate 1.29% for 60 months term/84 months amortization

Lease Rate 3.90% for 36 months
Lease Rate 4.90% for 48 months
Lease Rate 5.90% for 60 months

Smart Finance Rate (Loan from bank in order to take advantage of cash discount, if required)
2.99% up to 84 months

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Incentives for December (End January 31, 2011)

Cash Incentive $2,250 (All models except 2.0t base manual)

Finance Rate 0.00% up to 60 months
Finance Rate 0.90% for 72 months

Future Value Finance Rate 1.29% for 60 months term/84 months amortization

Lease Rate 4.90% for 36 months
Lease Rate 5.90% for 48 months
Lease Rate 6.20% for 60 months

Smart Finance Rate (Loan from bank in order to take advantage of cash discount, if required)
2.99% up to 84 months

·
Kawasexi ZXSexR Rider
170 Posts
Hey cow cow,

any word on the wholesale price of the 2013 gencoupe?
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag
Hopefully with that price and incentives I can get into a dealership in May and get a deal done this year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
hey cowcow, thanks a bunch. this is has been a very helpful and informative thread.

i'm wondering if anyone has any details on what the current inventory levels of '12 models are for ontario dealers?. do we know if they have more/less inventory than they'd be comfortable with at this point in time, given that the 2013's are going to hit soon?

i can share that i've seen *very* few '11-'12 models for sale on trader, kijiji, and craigslist. either there just aren't too many gennys out there or all you current owners want to hang onto them for a few more years ;)

i may or may not be getting a bonus in july... and i'll know mid-april if i qualify :fingersx: and i was going to make my reward a new car, either '11 or '12 3.8GT so would be looking to purchase in the next 2 months or so, either cash or 4-5 year finance, whichever ends up costing less.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey cowcow..i dunno if u remember me but i messaged u last year regarding pricing on the genesis but i couldn't get the deal finalized...so now i'm looking for a 2012 2.0T...do u know what incentives are available?? and if there is a recent grad discount??also, if you could price out a 2.0T genesis manual base or premium if you have time that would be greatly appreciated..thanks a lot

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
hey cowcow, thanks a bunch. this is has been a very helpful and informative thread.

i'm wondering if anyone has any details on what the current inventory levels of '12 models are for ontario dealers?. do we know if they have more/less inventory than they'd be comfortable with at this point in time, given that the 2013's are going to hit soon?

i can share that i've seen *very* few '11-'12 models for sale on trader, kijiji, and craigslist. either there just aren't too many gennys out there or all you current owners want to hang onto them for a few more years ;)

i may or may not be getting a bonus in july... and i'll know mid-april if i qualify :fingersx: and i was going to make my reward a new car, either '11 or '12 3.8GT so would be looking to purchase in the next 2 months or so, either cash or 4-5 year finance, whichever ends up costing less.
The 11 are basically non existant and the 12 are hard to find. You're best bet is to go to a dealer and see what they can do for you. They can always transport from anywhere in Canada (for an extra fee).

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
hey cowcow..i dunno if u remember me but i messaged u last year regarding pricing on the genesis but i couldn't get the deal finalized...so now i'm looking for a 2012 2.0T...do u know what incentives are available?? and if there is a recent grad discount??also, if you could price out a 2.0T genesis manual base or premium if you have time that would be greatly appreciated..thanks a lot
Incentives are the same as the last month I posted on here. Looks like there's no grad rebate. I will pm you the prices (2.0t premium with cash discount looks to be the best value)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any new incentives for the month of May? We're planning buying one mid summer as soon as Hyundai brings back 0% financing for 84 months.

Looking at the 2011 CCC Report thread, 0% for 84 only happened in August if I recall correctly.

Hopefully they don't run out 3.8 base models in Nord grey by then. :(

41 - 60 of 64 Posts