Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum because I’m absolutely desperate to find some who encountered this problem. So about a week and a half ago my infotainment screen displayed the error “The application BkaMedia.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down”(see attached photo). I then pulled over restarted the car and the error went away and my radio worked normally. The following day the same thing occurred however this time I had to restart my car 3-5 times before it booted up correctly. Now for the past week I’m unable to see any part of my infotainment screen. If I turn my volume knob I can here static but other than the volume no other function works. So this begs the question what can I do to fix this issue. A friend that works at Hyundai dealership said that the technician stated that it will most likely be a whole new system which could total to 2K, I really don’t want to pay that sort of money but I don’t know if there is a DIY fix. I’ve tried the pin hole reset button and that did not resolve anything. So please if anyone has some insight please let me know. Also if it turns out I’m out of luck and I just need a new infotainment screen does anybody know of one that doesn’t involve a double DIN display because honestly I think they look extremely tacky. If it helps the car is a 2013 GT 3.8 that just hit 100K last month. Thank you for your time!
Automotive lighting Automotive design Font Automotive exterior Material property

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Font Gadget Display device Gas Flat panel display

I had a similar problem recently on my 2014 when attempting to upload music off a thumb drive which I have done many times before. I'm not sure exactly what this says but I'm guessing it's the same message.
Same exact thing happened only mine still works after restarting the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 77886

I had a similar problem recently on my 2014 when attempting to upload music off a thumb drive which I have done many times before. I'm not sure exactly what this says but I'm guessing it's the same message.
Same exact thing happened only mine still works after restarting the car.
Yea man I'm just really worried imma need to replace the whole system. going to the dealer withing the next few hours so I'll update the thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts