Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the dumb question. My car has an Injen intake that was installed by the previous owner but the filter is currently looking kinda dirty. I don't know much about performance air filters or how to maintain them. I usually order parts off PartSouq but this time I just don't now what to search for. Does it need to be an original Injen filter? Will any Injen filter fit? Are there any cheaper alternatives? I think mine is the SP1386 or SP1387. What are my options? I live in Europe and would need to buy from a vendor that can ship here.

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts
Sorry about the dumb question. My car has an Injen intake that was installed by the previous owner but the filter is currently looking kinda dirty. I don't know much about performance air filters or how to maintain them. I usually order parts off PartSouq but this time I just don't now what to search for. Does it need to be an original Injen filter? Will any Injen filter fit? Are there any cheaper alternatives? I think mine is the SP1386 or SP1387. What are my options? I live in Europe and would need to buy from a vendor that can ship here.
they are reusable. You just need to get a cleaning kit for it, k&n makes one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since my filter is a dry filter (I think) then does that mean I don't need the oil can that comes with the K&N cleaning kit? Just the cleaner?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Injen SRI with the dry filter. If you go to there website you can get the cleaning instructions there. But yes no oil on the filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts