Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to install my pipes today and the instructions are okay, but I found out that I need to remove the coolant tank as well as the radiator fan to make it a whole lot easier. I only did the throttle body side due to the fact i need to get under the car for the turbo side. The ground is still a bit wet and i will do the other side tomorrow.....

More to come with a complete DIY.....stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Injen Hot and Cold Side Piping - Part II

Here is the final product today. The turbo side was a bit harder to get on, but I managed to do it in about and hour and a half.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The harderst part of this was that you had to go under the passenger side of the car to get to the clamp that hold the hose on the stock intercooler inlet. Once I got that off, everything was clock work. Any questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havent put my car on a dyno or anything, but I definately can fee a difference. The car seems to run a bit smoother and feel quicker.....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
any plans to weld a BOV in there?

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
You can reach the lower clamps on the left and right side where the fog lights are when the bumper is off. I didn't have to remove anything to install besides the bumper, but that looks like it made it a lot easier with the radiator out of the way lol. These will help improve spool more time and add some hp, especially cause the stock material on the stock IC pipe will expand under pressure and these won't. Looks good with your intake.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks and yes there was alot of room when I took off the fan behind the radiator. Only two bolts for that and it pulls right up. No need to take off the bumper at all. Like I said, the turbo side clamp at the bottom was a pain. But I finally got the pliers on it and was able to get it off. This was a very easy mod.

As far as the BOV, I have a forge coming for my stock location. I didnt want to deal with routing hoses etc.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have these also, there were gains from my dyno pull. I cant tell you exact because I did these with an intake. The install was painless and I didn't have to remove anything but the plastic plating under the bumper. The hardest part of the install was getting the rubber pipe off the TB. lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
does anybody know the sizing of the hose clamps for both sides of the ic piping, I would like to purchase t-bolts but forgot the sizes and have lost the instructions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts