Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help, i've been having a creaking sound coming from inside my passenger fender & got it to be repaired at the spot welds, which got rid of the sound completely but then came back a week later & then noticed that the creaking sound is now coming from inside both drivers & passenger side fenders any insight would be great!

·
wag um
519 Posts
Hey guys I need some help, i've been having a creaking sound coming from inside my passenger fender & got it to be repaired at the spot welds, which got rid of the sound completely but then came back a week later & then noticed that the creaking sound is now coming from inside both drivers & passenger side fenders any insight would be great!
Reweld :( I've been through so many rewelds including HMA instructing the dealer to do specific types of welds to make em hold better.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was trying to get rid of it for over a year and i gave up. HMA refused a lemon case

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone tried using a brace kit?

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
Has anyone tried using a brace kit?
I have the full Uniq underbrace kit, it fixed about 50% of the creaks. Still very annoyed though, I'll be tearing the car down this winter and welding any seam I think might have even the smallest effect in fixing it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the full Uniq underbrace kit, it fixed about 50% of the creaks. Still very annoyed though, I'll be tearing the car down this winter and welding any seam I think might have even the smallest effect in fixing it.

Do mine too? :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
wag um
519 Posts
Well after almost 5 years (next month), Hyundai has decided to rule all the creaking/snapping/tapping noises "WITHIN SPEC" and closed my case. Not sure how any of this is "within spec" for any vehicle. I have a Subie wagon that is 10 years old now that doesn't make any sort of body flexing noises. A WAGON! A WIDE OPEN BOX. Poor manufacturing supported by poor warranty and customer service. Last Hyundai for sure. They can go to hell.

Between this and my friend's '13 that had to have the entire rear subframe, suspension, and differential components changed just a few hundred miles after purchase, I'm not sure how any of our coworkers and families will ever trust this brand either.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Has there been any sort of a TSB issued on this creaking issue? When I had a 2010 sonata, there was a front fender creak and there was also a TSB for it. When I first complained about it, they tried to brush me off, but I came in a second time with a hard copy of that TSB which they performed, and it solved the problem.

You might want to call corporate and see whats up.

·
wag um
519 Posts
Has there been any sort of a TSB issued on this creaking issue? When I had a 2010 sonata, there was a front fender creak and there was also a TSB for it. When I first complained about it, they tried to brush me off, but I came in a second time with a hard copy of that TSB which they performed, and it solved the problem.

You might want to call corporate and see whats up.
They only issued a TSB for the rear wheel inside fender rubbing one. The a and c-pillar creaks/cracking have no TSB. It took me over 2 years to finally get the a-pillar resolved. Numerous times I told them to check the welds but they just kept looking at interior panels and trims.

I called corporate to find their justification for closing my case. They said I damaged the car by taking the c-pillar covers off. HA. I took it off and kept them off because the dealer kept saying it was the stupid covers making the noise. I had to demonstrate to them that it wasn't. AND they kept breaking the covers when they removed them, so I didn't want them to do it again. Broken my ass. Just looking for excuses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts