Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally i got this package from my friend.

JY custom Navigation bezel Type-A with LCD relocator + all kinds of accessories for only 72000won( about $65).

LINK FOR JY custom bezel + relocator + 15 extra accessories(gmarket KOREAN)

this is what i got from JY custom

+ Mydean navigation which is 7inch navigation(+4gb sd) with multimedia player, photo viewer, memo + more stuff for only about $180 bucks.
This navigation only have korean map, but it uses GINI map. I heard Gini company have US maps available, so I'll have to contact the GINI company to get a us map. .. so for now MAP is not working ...- -

anywayz... here are some installation pictures but i only took few because i was having so hard time installing them...- - ;; i started at 9pm and finished at 2:30am...

I like it cause i can use those slots( SD card upto 16gb + USB slot). i'm using 16gb sd card(class 6).

remote control + stylus

Here are some pictures of relocated Keyfob slot.

FEW pics with my iphone

movie with subtitle(.smi) files work great

korean lyrics work too(.lrc files)

Total cost was about $255. I'm happy with it .. but i'll never do this again. n. THIS WAS THE HARDEST DIY i've ever done in my life so far....:mad2::mad2::mad2:

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Looks good. They've got a ton of options on Gmarket for Genesis nav options too.

·
Genesis Coupe FTW
1,740 Posts
Very nice installation and clean too ! nice job

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
How long did the install take? Looks very sharp. The only thing I don't care for is the "Coupe" badge in the center of the bezel.

·
Registered
711 Posts
WOW!! I would like if a seller can bring this to us...for the same price!!!

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there an American version of this? I noticed when you turned it on it was in Korean too...

Nice install!!! I've always been a fan of your GC :bowdown:
THank you ^^ HEY BRO I FOUND a ENGLISH version of Gmarket. NOT 100% english though... LOL

ENGLISH JY custom+ LCD relocator + 15 extra accessories for installation

How long did the install take? Looks very sharp. The only thing I don't care for is the "Coupe" badge in the center of the bezel.
yeah~ I don't like that coupe sign either. I'll just sand that coupe badge and make my own badge later on~ ^^

WOW!! I would like if a seller can bring this to us...for the same price!!!
Same price can be possible, if someone start making these bezels in US. ^^

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
wow . . looks really good and a nice alternative for those of us who are broke and can't afford $850 for the Unavi!

·
Registered
318 Posts
i looked at FAQ on GINI.co.kr and one guy asked if he can still use his navi in NA but the response was get another navi in NA. just info in case you didnt see it yet.

·
Thrice a charm
669 Posts
Man that looks great!!!

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I had to cut out more than what I thought on speaker cover. Plus some wires had to be extended because I had To relocate the key fob slot inside the armrest box. +more little plastic parts inside the car .. Just small parts to fit perfect.

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
Looks damn good!

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
wow . . looks really good and a nice alternative for those of us who are broke and can't afford $850 for the Unavi!
something tells me the $255 he is referring to is just for the instalation kit + bezel + assorted required accessories.

I think he already had the Nav unit no? (unless Im thinking of someone else)

EDIT - wow, just looked up Mydean and they rerally are cheap!! Found one model equivalent to 215 USD

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NOPE...
Installation kit + bezel + 15 accessories = $61.11
Korean Navigation Mydean i1 = about $180.

It cost me less than 250 total.

1 - 20 of 244 Posts