Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For adding the lip spoiler and using tape only.

Where did you guys apply the tape?

Does it go around the inside edges? Would that be enough to hold it?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
basically if it doesnt come with the 3M tape already on there just cover every point that the lip touches on the trunk with 3M lol. i didnt trust it so i still drilled holes and screwed it but, there are tons of people here who just have the 3M tape on there and have not had any issues

Reactions: stRANGER-gameZ

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Plenty of people have just used 3M tape on the lip spoilers and have had no problems for years!!! its personal preference really. Just get some good 3M tape you'll be fine

Reactions: danbo

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plenty of people have just used 3M tape on the lip spoilers and have had no problems for years!!! its personal preference really. Just get some good 3M tape you'll be fine
I was thinking that too.

Plus you can get it off if needed with no holes.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I was thinking that too.

Plus you can get it off if needed with no holes.
Exactly! I will say this though, i dont know if this applies to all the lip spoilers but i bought mine from K-spec.com and the trunk is slightly curved, so it didnt matter hard much tape i put on there it would still pop up at the edges, thats why i screwed it.

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
Have the BBM on mine. 3m tape all the way.

Ill add that generally I agree with the "if-tape-is-necessary-to-install-a-car-part-then-it's-probably-ghetto", but in the case of lip style spoilers its either tape or drilling holes in your trunk lid. Tape wins all day. If it were a real spoiler that provided substantial downforce...sure, mount that sucker the right way, but the 3m tape has worked fine for the BBM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
On my Sonata I added a trunk and roof spoilers with the 3m tape and never had an issue.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly! I will say this though, i dont know if this applies to all the lip spoilers but i bought mine from K-spec.com and the trunk is slightly curved, so it didnt matter hard much tape i put on there it would still pop up at the edges, thats why i screwed it.
do you know what brand or style yours is?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
do you know what brand or style yours is?
Like i said its the one that looks like the BBM but i bought it from K-spec.com so i dunno if its actually a BBM but it looked just like it lol

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
Yeah, and you never specified anything beyond "lip style", which the BBM is.

If you're developmentally disabled, let me know and I'll ease up a bit.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, and you never specified anything beyond "lip style", which the BBM is.

If you're developmentally disabled, let me know and I'll ease up a bit.
You are a piece of......work.

Go to import shark's site there at least 4 types of lip spoilers, not even including the OEM which in fact does screw on.

importshark.com

BTW I read those links, my question if the spoiler did not have tape installed where do you apply it, that was not covered in those links.

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
Again, you didn't specify, and are obviously confused by two-sided adhesive, so I broke out the spoon for you.

Let's see, if the tape to hold the spoiler to the trunk (keep up now), isn't installed (still with me?), I'd go waaaaay out on a limb (those are tree parts, and used in a common expression) and guess you'd apply it BETWEEN THE TWO PIECES YOU NEED TO CONNECT.

LMAO. And I'm a "piece of work".

I look forward to your next questions which has already been answered 20x before.

Edit: since I KNOW you'll follow up with additional asshattery, I clicked on EVERY lip spoiler at Importshark, and ALL say the following in the description " attached to the rear trunk with industrial-strength double-sided tape or silicone adhesive."

I'll take a screen shot if it'll help.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Again, you didn't specify, and are obviously confused by two-sided adhesive, so I broke out the spoon for you.

Let's see, if the tape to hold the spoiler to the trunk (keep up now), isn't installed (still with me?), I'd go waaaaay out on a limb (those are tree parts, and used in a common expression) and guess you'd apply it BETWEEN THE TWO PIECES YOU NEED TO CONNECT.

LMAO. And I'm a "piece of work".

I look forward to your next questions which has already been answered 20x before.

Edit: since I KNOW you'll follow up with additional asshattery, I clicked on EVERY lip spoiler at Importshark, and ALL say the following in the description " attached to the rear trunk with industrial-strength double-sided tape or silicone adhesive."

I'll take a screen shot if it'll help.
Just so you know the ones I was looking at are on Ebay. The look like BBM's but some have stated there are issues with the edges lifting.

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
The "BBM Style" ones? It could be a shoddy mold, cheap adhesive, poor prep on a good product, etc.

It's kind of a crapshoot when you don't know the product origin.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The "BBM Style" ones? It could be a shoddy mold, cheap adhesive, poor prep on a good product, etc.

It's kind of a crapshoot when you don't know the product origin.
Agreed, I one time bought an off brand front lip spoiler and it fit tight to the car with tape and screws. A few weeks later must of been change of weather and the damn thing was loose and gapping, I tried to redo it and still never fit flush.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts