Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I currently own a 2018 Civic Si Coupe, but looking for a 3.8 Genesis coupe for a trade in.

The 1.5T although pretty quick tuned, currently 245hp/290trq at only 2900 pounds, is just not doing it for me. I want to go back to an NA platform.

How expensive is the insurance for you guys for a 3.8L?

Also, is there any issues with either the manual or the automatic when it comes to reliability?

I would not mind going from a manual to an automatic so my girlfriend would be able to drive it once in a while

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have a 2013 3.8 track and my family has USAA, im only 19 so my insurance is pretty high. No accidents or reports on my license, and i pay $400 a month. Dont know about the manual or automatic argument but i did buy mine with a couple of issues, oil leak, water leak in footwell, hood struts were broken etc. and its an automatic. Dealer fixed it all for free though!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Full coverage I pay $1600 a year. It all depends on your age and record and for me they also took into consideration how modded the car was. Another company tried to quote me 2700 a year and yeah I told them where they can put that quote. Just shop around. As for manual or automatic that's your call. I use manual and for me my car wouldn't be the same beast if it was auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Full coverage I pay $1600 a year. It all depends on your age and record and for me they also took into consideration how modded the car was. Another company tried to quote me 2700 a year and yeah I told them where they can put that quote. Just shop around. As for manual or automatic that's your call. I use manual and for me my car wouldn't be the same beast if it was auto.
1600$ is what I pay for right now so I guess it's not too bad, may I ask how old you are?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Insurance cost goes by age, accident history, years you have total driving, the state you live in (NY is way higher then say a small town in MD). Etc...
I pay 1050 year full coverage 250 deductable. You can't really go by what anyone else pays. That won't even give you an idea what you might pay
There's an app called Zebra. It will find prices for you from.several companies. Although it's not all the companies available, it's a start for you. I was with Geico, now I changed just last week and saved 400 a year with another.
Best advice?? Call around and take your time. You don't need to own the car to get estimates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the old bump, but 2016 GC ultimate 3.8 and I was paying 86$ a month with AllState in Utah. Roughly 1032$ a year for insurance. I live in Europe now with the same GC and I pay 115$ a month that includes international insurance. I'm just past my dirty thirty and I'd say it really depends on your age and location and commute length.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Without stating full coverage or liability only, actual coverage amounts, deductable amounts, etc .
Simply saying price doesn't give us a real idea.
For example, i went on and changed my coverages and my insurance drops 53 dollars a month.
I lay MD minimum coverage with 5k PIP, full coverage with $250 deductable. I pay $91 a month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts