Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I tried searching for this answer, but could not find it. If there is already a thread on this topic, I apologize for wasting server space and please refer me to it.

This may be a dumb question, but assuming the trim level is the same, which engine costs more to insure? I would imagine the V6 costs more to insure due to the higher cost for the engine itself, but wouldn't the turbo also increase the insurance premium for a 4 cylinder? Has anyone price compared the two versions of the Genesis Coupe? I'm heavily considering this to be my next car and if the insurance premiums have a big gap, it may dictate which engine I get.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just searched autotrader for brand new 2013's and used the VINs of a 3.8 track and 2.0 r-spec to get a quote from Geico; the track was $52 more expensive than the turbo, $499 vs. $447 for six months. This is using my info (which is higher than most, since I carry lots of extras), so rates for other companies/drivers will vary....

·
Canadian
392 Posts
My insurance quoted the V6 slightly cheaper. It's a higher price range so maybe it has more mature drivers on average = less accidents.

·
CH 11, Sec 62
1,516 Posts
I had an '08 Dodge Avenger before my gen. Was paying $130 a month (max possible coverage) for the Avenger. When i went to the 2.0 gen, insurance dropped $15 a month with the same coverage. For giggles and sh!ts, i priced the V6 gen as well. It would have dropped another $10 a month. I asked why, and they said because 1 is turbo, making you think its a lot faster, and the other isn't turbo.

What i think they were really getting at, is its a lot easier to mod up a turbo 4cyl, over the NA V6. But that's a discussion/debate for another thread. (flamesuit on!!) :p

·
Canadian
392 Posts
It's all about the medical claims. Accident frequency is way more influential than cost of vehicle replacement. My 2013 V6 is cheaper to insure than my old 4cyl 07 eclipse.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Price will vary for Age, driving record/accidents and as to what type of deductible you choose with your plan. I have $250 deductible with, 150k/300k amount for uninsured motorist coverage,/bodily harm insurance, 50k property damage insurance and gap insurance coverage. I pay $73 a month ($876 yearly) for my full coverage on my R spec. No accidents, or tickets with Nationwide. Its about average I guess..

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Call around for quotes. Rates vary too much as there are lots of factors including age, driving record, credit score, your zipcode, the company itself, etc. Im 25, clean record, decent credit, in the suburbs, and have progressive with an agent's discount (I'm an insurance agent) and I pay $498 for 6 months in full with 250/500/100, $250 comp/$500 coll, uninsured and all that good stuff. I could get it cheaper with other companies but progressive has awesome customer and claims service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
when I went from 2.0T to 3.8, my insurance went down...barely (about 85 bucks for the year).

I was expecting the opposite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts