Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NEXT GENeration!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i'l try to make this short, I've had a turbo back exhaust/intake on my car so far. This past week a local shop made a custom intercooler for my car and since then when i cruise it i hear sssssshhhhhhh, like how the car shounds when it blows off with the stock b.o.v, but i hear it constantly. Only when i give it more then about 1/4 throttle it goes away and my car sounds normal and it blows off like it should. Is this a b.o.v problem??? I personally think i'm leaking pressure someplace but i dont know to much about how turbo cars sound when being moded...Any ideas what i should check or be looking for??? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
You will hear the turbo spool up a bit more with hard pipes instead of the soft ones we have stock. Could you take a video? Do you have a boost gauge?

·
NEXT GENeration!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no boost gauge... and yeah let me see if i can take a really quick video and post on youtube...

·
NEXT GENeration!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn that sucks....ok well im posting up a video on youtube called "genesis 2.0t problem" maybe you can hear what i've been hearing.

·
NEXT GENeration!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet thanks....alright everyone i ended up taking back to the shop and when they dyno it, turns out the air sensor for the intercooler pipping wasn't on right. So that caused my air to be leaking, So if you have this problem make sure it's on correctly.

FYI my dyno put 219RWHP /280WRTQ

so i was happy with these numbers, with just bolts :)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Glad to hear u fixed it. Pics of the custom work?

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
219whp/280wtq??

something doesn't look right with those numbers. Way too much TQ over ur HP.

I make 262whp and I'm putting down 282wtq which is pretty much bang on for hp/tq ratio.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Tighten all the pipes. And your intake too.

·
NEXT GENeration!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL sorry i lied the best run i had was 270tq second best was 261tq

·
NEXT GENeration!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i made sure everything was bolted on nice and tight...

·
NEXT GENeration!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry i'm kinda ignorant, i didn't know how to post a picture on the page so i did it on my profile picture. it was done at night so yeah...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts