Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Id like a cf one. Aluminum wouldnt be a significant weight or performance difference sould it? Idk maybe it would be worth it. If its not a ton of money and it helped I may want one. I want a cf one.bad!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide App

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
how much power can the cf handle? that seems worth it... no point of spending $600+ if for $400 more you can get something significantly better.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
We built a race car for one of our customers st my just job which included a cf drive shaft. Turns out it was about 10# heavier than the stock steel one. Make very sure of the specs you're getting before laying out any money. aluminum may be the best strong/light/cost option.

Sent from my Nexus One using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I personally dont know of a shop that makes a carbon drive shaft, but im sure it can be had. The pricing on the aluminum drive shaft will be at the most 500. Im just quoting high until they get mine made. ONce its finished Poweraxel will be on the GB, so pricing may be even better.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
I personally dont know of a shop that makes a carbon drive shaft, but im sure it can be had. The pricing on the aluminum drive shaft will be at the most 500. Im just quoting high until they get mine made. ONce its finished Poweraxel will be on the GB, so pricing may be even better.
+1 See below from another vendor. What do you think the power limits are for each material? I wanted a CF DS but I bet aluminum will handle enough power - well at least more me or most of the people here will probably ever run.

Fenders and Roof would be custom.

For an full aluminum DS $350-475
For a full carbon DS $900-1250

Pricing is not confirmed yet.

Drew

·
The OG Gencoupe Shop
4,589 Posts
The aluminum driveshafts we sell for the 240sx handle to about 650hp. The steel ones are just a bit heaver, a bit cheaper, but can also handle much more power as well. Chances are the driveshaft will not be the weak point. ;)

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
idk how many of us are pushing 650+hp lol

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
Since my goal is only about 300whp I suspect an aluminium drive shaft would not fail for me.
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag i'm same... 300whp is my goal... but a very reliable and confident 300whp... :)without mod'ing turbo or internals IT SHALL BE DONE!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
I'm at 206 without a tune, 94 more is deffinately going to need a tune and injectors.
Reliable 300whp is going to need internals, the stock pieces are sh*t. No turbo change means maxing that little bastard right out.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
^ Well at the very least upgrading the compresser wheel.

My plan is for only 500whp :D so the aluminum DS should be fine for me.

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
i've seen people running 350 before have any problems and with a custom tune i don't see why 295-300whp on a slightly curved dyno lol that couldn't be possible.
And a aluminum DS would definitely help get some #'s from the crank to the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
without problems and reliable are two different things. I always want to be able to tromp on it without worrying about a rod snapping into my block. There are guys with just a tune that break the block.

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Count me in..... 3.8AT

21 - 40 of 131 Posts