Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am the proud owner of a 2012 2.0T but was looking to upgrade to the 2013 3.8 track when I return from Afghanistan. Although, I had to things in mind I wanted the tan leather instead of the black because 1.) I think it looks better and 2.) I live in San Antonio, TX, so black leather isnt necessarily the best choice. Also, on top of the Tan leather I wanted, I also wanted parabolica blue, but again, it is only offered on an automatic. I emailed hyundai asking if they would do a custom order, after waiting a day or two.......

they...

said...

no...

to say the least im sad and wondering if anyone has any experience or hookups with hyundai corp to maybe get around this, Im sure Ill get over it but I was definitely pretty set on these options but now I cant. :(

·
xFa
446 Posts
im actually surprised that they said no...not that i have had a custom order from them or anything, but options can steer people away from a car purchase...unless its something that they just "can't" do anymore..*shrug*

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Hyundai for a long time now has said numerous times they do not offer customized ordering from factory. So, that's nothing new. It sucks, but it helps to keep costs of the car manufacturing process down as the upside.

You essentially have three options from what I have seen of other owners in the past. You can either buy it with the black and find someone with the Tan to do a weekend meet up and swap, you can work with your local dealer to include buying and installing the tan at the dealership though that will bump the cost up on the car, or you can get it with the black and work with a local upholstery shop to change it to tan.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It appears that on the Hyundai website the Parabolica Blue isn't even offered anymore.
:woah: you're right, I don't see it on the website either. Only Shoreline blue for the appropriate models. Maybe that is why I never see any other PB gen coupes on the road....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hyundai for a long time now has said numerous times they do not offer customized ordering from factory. So, that's nothing new. It sucks, but it helps to keep costs of the car manufacturing process down as the upside.

You essentially have three options from what I have seen of other owners in the past. You can either buy it with the black and find someone with the Tan to do a weekend meet up and swap, you can work with your local dealer to include buying and installing the tan at the dealership though that will bump the cost up on the car, or you can get it with the black and work with a local upholstery shop to change it to tan.
Yes this is what I was thinking, the convenience of having it straight from the factory would've been nice, but oh well

·
Registered
638 Posts
It appears that on the Hyundai website the Parabolica Blue isn't even offered anymore.
Cool, I've only seen one other one and it was a 3.8.

·
Registered
177 Posts
This isn't related to your problem but I'd just like to say thanks very much for your service and come home safe.:bigthumbup:

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
OP where are you located?

You might be able to find a Gen on here with that interior to trade.

Or talk with the dealer, if they have what you want in color/trim see if they will be willing to trade interiors with another GT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts