Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here can give me recommendations?? i need forged internals and i'll be byuing within 3 weeks or so .. and also a catback exhaust ..

i saw msugeoman's car putting out some sick numbers with the BR internals

i'll be running my gt3076 turbo for now but i'll be upgrading to a GT35 if i feel the need for moar :p

also looking for a clutch ..

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Why don't you just call the Men them selves?

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Just got some new pictures of our internals kit....

You can't go wrong with what has been proven to work properly. Over 450WHP in the shop car and over 550WHP with customers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i went with the BR internals, once i get tuned im hoping for 400+whp, and if im not happy ill also be moving up to a gt35r, maybe a gtx3076 or a gtx35 if i can find the divided housing

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
BR all the way... If I had the money and another car to DD I'd be all over this ****.

That and it seems anything I get that isn't directly from BR I either have problems with or wish I spent the extra money to get a better part. They sell parts that are proven by their own 3 shop cars and by their customers. What other vendor has 3 GC (well only two because one sadly didn't make it)?

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
YOU GUYS HAVE INTERNALS NOW TIM!!!!!??!??!?!??! Awesome! Ill be getting back with u shortly
You whore...LOL:rofl:

How's your stage 3 treating you BTW? Can't wait for mine to get in..

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tim can you make me a package deal for internals, head studs, catback and clutch kit (the twin disc)?? Pm me please

·
Registered
85 Posts
davidp,

How soon are you looking to do your build? I would hold off on the clutch for a bit. I've been speaking with our Exedy rep, and he tells me that they are coming out with a high performance clutch for the 2.0T genesis very soon. When it comes to clutches, Exedy is pretty much where it's at.

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
davidp,

How soon are you looking to do your build? I would hold off on the clutch for a bit. I've been speaking with our Exedy rep, and he tells me that they are coming out with a high performance clutch for the 2.0T genesis very soon. When it comes to clutches, Exedy is pretty much where it's at.
I was looking at the dtmspeed clutch or BR if they give me a good price.. I'll order within the next 4 weeks

·
United States Air Force
13 Posts
is there a twin disc out yet for our cars?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
davidp,

When I spoke with Tim way back when about their twin disc, "he said it was the best feeling clutch that he had EVER had the pleasure of using, including the best form Exedy"....which is partly why I bought it. Now I must admit that he is giving his personal opinion on a product he is selling & that must be taken into account. But he has been straight forward about everything that I've ever asked him & I trust his judgement. With that said, Exedy did not have their clutch out at the time I purchased mine & had no indication that they were even going to offer a clutch for the GenCoupe. I would like to compare the feel of mine to someone that does purchase the Excedy twin disc & see if theirs is as good as Beyond Redline's version though. ;)

Beyond Redline has a twin disc out.
+1...been out for over a year now & they have ran 2 group buys on the clutch & pressure plate assembly saving the customer $400.

As for internals, I'm thinking Mahle pistons & maybe K1 rods, but I'm also wanting to see what others are choosing.

·
475whp 93/545whp Q16 SAE
1,096 Posts
You will not be disappointed by the BR twin disk, it's totally worth the price. I've used clutchmasters, exedy, and spec before and I definitely like the BR setup the best out of them all. Pedal feel is marginally more difficult than stock but the engagement area is much more predictable and fluid. It definitely takes some getting used to but I absolutely love it!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think ill go with the dtmspeed .. the br clutch cost almost 1000$ more .. which is the price my friend paid for a badass clutch setup for his skyline gt-r ... :/
but their stuff is amazing .. ill probably take the internals and catback ..

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
you will be very pleased with the DTMSPEED clutch. After you drive it for a while and get over the initial shock of how hard the clutch is, at least in my experience, you'll learn to prefer it because of the precision.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts