Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

So I've searched and looked for ways to close my center console area but the ipod adapter is sticking out. I've been searching amazon and this site for solutions, but the only thing I found was to extend the cord backwards, but seems like a serious pain.

Halp? :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did a similar search back when I got the car and came up empty.

My solution was two-fold:

- Buy the right angle USB and 3.5mm audio cables in the shortest length I could find.

- Buy the previous generation iPod Nano (tiny one the shape of a square)

Now I can fold the iPod and cables all into the tiny slot in the dash and close the door.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have an ipod nano square version like you said, where do i get a right angle usb?

·
xFa
446 Posts
I did a similar search back when I got the car and came up empty.

My solution was two-fold:

- Buy the right angle USB and 3.5mm audio cables in the shortest length I could find.

- Buy the previous generation iPod Nano (tiny one the shape of a square)

Now I can fold the iPod and cables all into the tiny slot in the dash and close the door.
smart.

·
GTX3576R:)
578 Posts
do the have a adapter for the new iphone 5???

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have an ipod nano square version like you said, where do i get a right angle usb?
I don't remember exactly where I got mine from - but I got the idea from this thread, and he has links to various cables:

http://www.gencoupe.com/interior-2013-up/96607-howto-extend-relocate-factory-ipod-usb-location.html

Keep in mind that the cables used in that how-to are rather long. If you simply want to keep the Nano in the dash then I would recommend seeking out the shortest extension cables you can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I cut all of the extra plastic off of the cable in the strain relief area and then hot glued the wires in a position where they will not affect the door closing. The hot glue also protects the wires from damage. It doesn't look pretty, but then again the door closes so it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I went with what focalgencoupe said, and bought an hp 64gb usb drive from fry's for about $40. Just load a ton of songs on it and then hit random. It's small enough to put in and shut the door over it.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
A cheap solution just get a super small usb thumb drive.
the only downside to that, for me at least, would be losing the playlists, otherwise perfect fix

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I use a radar detector.. so i couldn't close the door even if i wanted too lol. don't feel like hardwiring it either.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
the only downside to that, for me at least, would be losing the playlists, otherwise perfect fix
I wonder if there are software that you can make playlists on USB drives?

I found this: I wonder if it works?

Instructions

Plug the multimedia drive's USB cable into a available USB port on your computer. Your computer's speaker will make a ding sound indicating the computer recognized the drive, if using Windows. You will see the multimedia drive's icon, if using a Mac.

Open the multimedia drive's utility program by clicking on the program's icon located on your computer's "Desktop."

Click "File," "New Playlist."

Enter a name for the playlist.

Browse the media files stored on the multimedia drive. Click on the file(s) you want to add to the playlist.

Drag the file(s) to the playlist or click the "Add" button to include the file(s) on the playlist, if the multimedia software has this option.

Continue adding files to the playlist.

Click and drag the file or click on the "Up" or "Down" icon to arrange the file in a different location on the playlist.

Click on the file's name. Press "Delete" key on your computer's keyboard to remove the file from the playlist.

Select the play mode for your new playlist: "Repeat One" to play the first file on the playlist repeatedly; "Repeat All" to play the entire playlist repeatedly; or "Off" to play the playlist normally.

Note, these options may be worded differently within your computer's multimedia utility program.

Click "Save" to save the playlist.

Click "File," "Exit" to close the multimedia drive's utility program.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I wonder if there are software that you can make playlists on USB drives?

I found this: I wonder if it works?

Instructions

Plug the multimedia drive's USB cable into a available USB port on your computer. Your computer's speaker will make a ding sound indicating the computer recognized the drive, if using Windows. You will see the multimedia drive's icon, if using a Mac.

Open the multimedia drive's utility program by clicking on the program's icon located on your computer's "Desktop."

Click "File," "New Playlist."

Enter a name for the playlist.

Browse the media files stored on the multimedia drive. Click on the file(s) you want to add to the playlist.

Drag the file(s) to the playlist or click the "Add" button to include the file(s) on the playlist, if the multimedia software has this option.

Continue adding files to the playlist.

Click and drag the file or click on the "Up" or "Down" icon to arrange the file in a different location on the playlist.

Click on the file's name. Press "Delete" key on your computer's keyboard to remove the file from the playlist.

Select the play mode for your new playlist: "Repeat One" to play the first file on the playlist repeatedly; "Repeat All" to play the entire playlist repeatedly; or "Off" to play the playlist normally.

Note, these options may be worded differently within your computer's multimedia utility program.

Click "Save" to save the playlist.

Click "File," "Exit" to close the multimedia drive's utility program.
if i had a flash drive with me id give it a shot. if anyone else would be so kind as to test this theory let us kno

·
Registered
127 Posts
i tried the same but no go, ended up just shoving in a micro usb drive and i can always stream over bluetooth from iphone too

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went with a micro USB also. It was just too ugly looking with all the cables and the door open.

·
Secret Squirrel
24 Posts
is there any reason why some older songs play fine on my usb drive and newer songs will not? i've tried the acc conversion, mp3 conversion but still only older songs are playing. the same songs play fine from my iphone but not on the usb drive. i've searched, converted, and tried with no joy. any suggestions? tia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts