Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This guy
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever you're listening to your iPod while having "random" activated, then receive, or make a Bluetooth call, the "random" will deactivate after the call ends. It's such a minor thing, but oh so frustrating. Anyone else noticing this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, it bugs the heck out of me. Can we expect this to be corrected anytime soon? Does this happen on any of the other Hyundai's?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really hate this! But I just learned to live with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Argh, yes. It's driving me nuts >_< I got my Gen two weeks ago and it'd been a while since I drove a stick, so I set a rule not to use the audio until I was comfortable shifting with just the tach. Used my ipod on my commute this morning, immediately noticed this problem.

My old car functioned as an extension of the ipod screen, if you're using it with headphones and plug it in, all the randomness, looping, song position, etc remains the same. I plugged it into my Gen and suddenly the shuffle was off and noticed immediately.. gah!

Besides replacing the head unit entirely (which I intend to do in a few months for other reasons, haha), are there any other ideas out there? Are there any version updates like the one for bluetooth?

·
This guy
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to deal with it, but it's so effin' annoying.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah there are some really annoying "DUH" moments that happen with this stock nav unit. I used to have a Pioneer AVIC unit (also based on Windows CE) in my RSX and that thing remembered everything about my iPod. This unit doesn't even pause the song when I receive a call! I get off of the call and it's 4 songs down the playlist than it was when the call came in. THAT is really annoying. So it's just playing my iPod to.....nothing. Brilliant design choice there, Hyundai!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts