Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Also here is a picture of the car info in the door. If you look right under the hyundai sign, you can tell someone scratched off the last number of the year. For I don't know what reason.

Which is the only reason why I'm wondering what year my car is now.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The car is also insured as 2013 I know I don't have a lambo lol. Theres not a really big reason for someone to go thru all trouble of changing the vin info. Which I heard of before but is all the updates that have been done to the car and the issue in the door that has me wondering.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's not an Rspec. He most likely added the fogs, since he did replace the front grill. Btw it looks nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes I have there's an additional switch for the fogs that didn't came with the car.. thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Do you have brembos?

It sounds like a base BK2 with a brembo retrofit and bought someone's BK1 wheels to complete his trade-in.

Anyone know if r-specs come with LSD like the track?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I don't have the brembo set unfortunately. I do believe the last owner took out the put this rims just to trade it and keep his rims because this aren't the original rims..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So I have good news and not so good news..

Good news is the dealer called back today and they are swapping my transmition.

Not so good is that I asked them to swap it to manual and they said, under warranty I can only replace the same exact transmition I had before. So I will still have an automatic.

It didnt hurt to ask lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do you have 2013 taillights? If he swapped the wheels, maybe he swapped the taillights as well.

Edit: Nevermind, ran into your other post with a video of your car.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Sorry guys I didn't have my phone on me. Here's a pic of my Genesistuff interior.
This is a BK1 Steering wheel..... or correct me if I'm wrong. But this steering wheel is identical to the wheel I had in my 2011 3.8 Track and the wheel in my BK2, 2016, is COMPLETELY different. Much thicker Leather and different button styles.

·
Licenced Tech
372 Posts
10th digit of the vin will confirm production year but not build date, you can also ask the dealer for the original build sheet which they can reprint and issue to you if you have proof of ownership. Some dealers will get funny about it if it has a factory immobilizer as it will show the four digit code on the build sheet .

·
2011 3.8 R-Spec
27 Posts
Don't mean to comment on a thread that is a few days old, but it seemed unresolved on whether it was a BK2 or not. That is a BK2 for sure. The steering wheel is much different from the BK1, you can tell by the bezels around the bottom, very glossy, the faux aluminum trim, the BK1 has either the Bright silver bezels (2010) or the charcoal blackish bezels (2011-12.) Plus, with the complete BK2 interior, and the obvious front end (I know it could be a swap), but with everything else in place being from a BK2, especially with the Insurance card saying BK2, it is definitely a BK2. For the poster above, wondering whether Rspecs have LSD, they do. The only difference in the R-Spec, and the Track is the amenities. Mechanically they are the same. "Track tuned suspension", Torsen LSD, Brembos, thicker sway bars, etc. Tracks have the premium sound, seat heaters, etc. R-specs do not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013 2.0 r spec automatic. Bought it used. After taking it home, it started getting stuck in 5th gear if I put manual. Took it back to the dealer and with the warranty it was fixed.

Five months later the problem is back and even scarier. Yesterday I was driving on the highway doing 70 miles, had the car on manual on 8th gear. Then felt like I hit a car in front of me (it stopped so bad I felt blood in my nose) then I noticed it went down from 8th to 5th gear, and got stuck there again. I asked a few friends with genesis, but they tell me that only happens to manual cars and it doesn't kick. Has this happend to anyone else before?
I have a 2013 2.0 r spec automatic. Bought it used. After taking it home, it started getting stuck in 5th gear if I put manual. Took it back to the dealer and with the warranty it was fixed.

Five months later the problem is back and even scarier. Yesterday I was driving on the highway doing 70 miles, had the car on manual on 8th gear. Then felt like I hit a car in front of me (it stopped so bad I felt blood in my nose) then I noticed it went down from 8th to 5th gear, and got stuck there again. I asked a few friends with genesis, but they tell me that only happens to manual cars and it doesn't kick. Has this happend to anyone else before?
Heyy men I have a 2013 bk2 and my car started having de same probleme getting stuck in 5th gears I would love to know what was your issue plz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heyy men I have a 2013 bk2 and my car started having de same probleme getting stuck in 5th gears I would love to know what was your issue plz

21 - 37 of 37 Posts