Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, strap in for this one... First let me start by setting the mood. Reversing out of a slightly inclined driveway and stupidity got the best of me and I forgot how low I am on these slammed coilovers. SOMETHING in the area between my intercooler, and the BACK SIDE of my FRONT tire unfortunately scraped the pavement slightly. I get out, inspect for any visible leaks/damage. All seems fine and dandy. Back in the Genny and away I go. Easy into 1st, and as my boost begins to build in 2nd gear (just under 3k rpm) I decided to give it some throttle. Then I heard the noise that's been haunting me for a week now. A faint "turbo flutter" type of noise while building boost at a fast pace. Almost sounds like an air leak. But if I build my boost at a somewhat slow speed and then WOT at peak boost, no weird noise. There was also a significant loss of pulling power as well as a slight shudder as if the car was being cut back somehow. Before this, I could hear the boost start to build in 1st, now I cannot. It will get some boost, but not until higher rpms and you can no longer hear the hiss of building boost in 1st. It seems to be building boost at a higher rpm (from what I can hear). Popped my hood and the only damage I can see was a dried out vacuum plug on the solenoid to the right of my wastegate actuator solenoid (no idea what this one is called) but I capped the leak, and the problem somewhat stayed the same. I do seem to be pulling as hard as I normally was, but boost conditions as well as this leaking noise remain the same. Now the only other visible damage is to the cold air pipe coming from my intercooler. SOMEHOW my pulley shifted forward and grazed my cold air pipe. There is a noticeable gash in the steel, but it doesn't seem to be an actual puncture. If it IS, it's ridiculously tiny. So all of my vacuum lines are secure with no leaks now, and I'm building boost as well as feeling my power once again, but the boost not building until 3.5k-4k rpm along with the leaking sort of hiss I get when I boost too quickly, isn't sitting well with me. If somehow when I scraped, my exhaust right after my downpipe was the contact point with the road, could even a tiny puncture of that exhaust be causing my problems?? Stock BPV seems to be working fine, CAI, air filter is good, vacuum lines with no leaks. Maybe my wastegate is stuck open? How would I test the wastegate? And last but not least, that gash in my cold air pipe, could even a tiny hole in it be causing the noise and delayed boost? I've researched my nads off and can't find anything that matches my symptoms, so any ideas would be great.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts