Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone else ask this question yet so I'm guessing it's not a big deal, but I read a few days ago that the BR reflash takes off the traction control. Is this true? And if so is it safe to drive a car without the traction control on? Because that seems like something that could be pretty important.
Sorry if this is a stupid question and thanks in advance for any help!

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
No it doesn't disable traction control.

The only thing the reflash isn't safe for is your tires and clutch :)

·
Suffering from withdrawal
124 Posts
Yep, I haven't placed my order for the stage 1 yet but already I'm saving up for a flywheel and clutch.

Another thing that may be unsafe is my girlfriend finding out what I've done to the car.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
The clutch can take stage 1 plus all day abuse just fine.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
If you mean the factory clutch, then I disagree.
Stage 1 puts the car over the clutches intended torque threshold and mine didn't last even a few months.
well i guess it all depends on how you drive it. I got my stage 1 reflash in june-july. Putting 235whp and 265wtq right now. I drive my car like i stole it! over 9,000 with the reflash on +80degree weather year round. And Ive recently got a drifting fever, already need new rear tires. My clutch is holding just fine. :hello:

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Yep, I haven't placed my order for the stage 1 yet but already I'm saving up for a flywheel and clutch.

Another thing that may be unsafe is my girlfriend finding out what I've done to the car.
Grab the PowerX, she will never know the difference ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you mean the factory clutch, then I disagree.
Stage 1 puts the car over the clutches intended torque threshold and mine didn't last even a few months.
I shouldn't have any issues with an A/T though right?

·
2.0T
325 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
What type of price just for the Tune not the whole stage one kit. One more thing I read a little but just want to be clear that I can tune it back to stock if needed if I have any problems right. Thanks for the help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts