Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a day of headache trying to figure out what the small noise was coming from finally figured it out when my downpipe snapped on the way home

Who should i contact if i can even contact anyone?!

had them less than 5k miles

·
Premium Member
58,742 Posts
DAYMNNNNN, thats ARK for you lol

LIMITED WARRANTY

ARK Performance Inc. offers a Limited Warranty to the original purhaser of all ARK products against defects in material and workmanship under normal use of the time period as set below. If a defect arises and a vaild claim is received by us within the Warranty Period, ARK Performance will provide replacement part(s) or product (or if no longer available, a comparable product) to replace those which have proven defective. When a product is exhanged, Any parts or product replaced under this Limited Warranty will become the property of ARK Performance. This warranty is non transferable.

1. Stainless & T-304 Stainless Exhaust Products 1 Year Limited Warranty.
2. Billet Aluminum Accessories: 1 Year Limited Warranty.
3. Black-Powder Coating Products : 1 Year Limited Warranty.
4. Vertical Door Hinge: 1 Year Limited Warranty.
5. Short Shifter: 1 Year Limited Warranty.
6 Coilover Damper : 15 Month Limited Warranty.

WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS

1. This warranty applies to only products manufactured by or for ARK Performance. For non-ARK products, even if packaged or sold with the ARK products will not covered by this warranty.
2. No claim will be accepted for the damages in transit. Please contact the carriers d rectly.
3. This Limited Warranty does not include any rust, normal wear, tear, or injury arising directly or indirectly from the use of the ARK product.
4. Damage incurred in any misuse, abuse, accident, collision, installation,modification, flood, fire, earthquake, read hazard, any use of other than genuine ARK parts, improper care or maintenance will void warranty.
5. Any variations in color developed over time due to exposure to sunlight or UV light will not covered by this warranty.
6. Warranty does not cover cost of removal, repair,replacement, installation, shipping or other incidental charges.

WARRANTY CLAIMS

All claims must be filed and notified to us in writing of all details describing damages within 30 days after discovering a defect or failure and before beginning any repair. you must deliver the product, freight prepaid, in either its original packaging or packaging affording an equal degree of protection to ARK Performance or facilities specified. The claims must be accompanied by purchase of proof (original sales receipt) that the claimant is the original purchaser of the product or the original purchaser's first transferee. Photos showing the damages are recommended for faster process.

·
Slurpee
1,740 Posts
Hope everything gets resolved. But thats weird, looks like a perfect cut to me. :confused:

·
Registered
220 Posts
+1 it is cut for sure. A clean cut with a rotating saw right?
So many idiots in this world. Its a shame that they have to put down a company to get what they ****ed up on.

Why did you cut it anyways?

Also

"After a day of headache trying to figure out what the small noise was coming from finally figured it out when my downpipe snapped on the way home"
With a full cut like that. It would have made a loud noise. Not a small one.

LIES LIES LIES!!

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
Ill look at the ones I have in stock and see if theres a weld right there. I dont believe there is...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No i dropped my car of at hyundai all day because i thought something wrong. This is not fake in any way shape or form. I picked the car up at 4:30 saying they could not duplicate noise. On the drive home i got about 2 minutes away from my house and WHABOOOM and its louder than hell.

If i can get the stock one on ill drive down to ARK themselves.

Im not trying to bash the company in anyway so those of you who think i am you do not need to post here.

All should be resolved shortly i was just hoping they had warranty.

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
No i dropped by car of at hyundai all day because i thought something wrong. This is not fake in any way shape or form. I picked the car up at 4:30 saying they could not duplicate noise. On the drive home i got about 2 minutes away from my house and WHABOOOM and its louder than hell.

If i can get the stock one on ill drive down to ARK themselves.

Im not trying to bash the company in anyway so those of you who think i am you do not need to post here.

All should be resolved shortly i was just hoping they had warranty.
Cool... hope ya get it fixed. How do you like the new exhaust note :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha the looks i got for the 2 mile drive after it broke were horrendous. Everyone must have thought i was a complete moron.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since you had test pipe, I guess you did hear hissing noise from 1st gear to 2nd gear change. it is because the deleted CAT.

You can stop by us, we can replace it for you. It is not a big deal.
I know that sound, but the sound i was hearing was much different and started last night. It sounded almost as if a bolt was loose and rattling around. Hyundai told me the sound was of fuel because i was running really rich. But Then i guess time told me the true issue.

Does the stock downpipe fit Ark headers and testpipe?

And can i drive with one Ark downpipe and 1 stock downpipe because i don't feel like changing both out if i can just change one and save some time.

·
Slurpee
1,740 Posts
^ post a short vid on youtube. i want to hear it. :rofl:

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
I'm so confused by the picture. Its like it defied the laws of physics.

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
I know that sound, but the sound i was hearing was much different and started last night. It sounded almost as if a bolt was loose and rattling around. Hyundai told me the sound was of fuel because i was running really rich. But Then i guess time told me the true issue.

Does the stock downpipe fit Ark headers and testpipe?

And can i drive with one Ark downpipe and 1 stock downpipe because i don't feel like changing both out if i can just change one and save some time.
YES, ARK dp and TP fits OEM setting.

you may replace one for the temporary driving. May ask where did you buy the exhaust ?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Lol clean cut right there

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol clean cut right there
Yes i know it looks like a cut believe me. But this is a huge inconvenience to me as well. Now tomorrow between getting off of work at 9am and going to class at 4pm i have to lay under my car with about an inch of working space and change these out with the stock ones then drive 2 hours on Thursday down to ARK to have them replace the one.

Believe me i don't have any of the cutting tools necessary to do this I'm a 20 year old full time worker and student at the Fire Academy. I don't have time for bullshit.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts