Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
1) Open hood
2) Unbolt cam position sensor
3) Reverse for install

- They are on the back of the valve covers.

·
3.8 Track Owner
608 Posts
any one have a picture of the location? just started receiving a check engine light for mine so may need to replace soon. thank you. Also OP what was the reason for changing the CPS...check engine light? did if fix your issue?

·
3.8 Track Owner
608 Posts
How many are you showing a fault for?
just bank 2 i believe. Going to pull it sometime this week. I thought it was okay after my oil change, stayed off for about 5 days but just came back on this morning. bummer

·
3.8 Track Owner
608 Posts
exact code shows as B camshaft position timing over- advanced of system performance bank 2 ..... any insight is appreciated. It actually went off on its own after 1000 miles into my last oil change. As i hoped it would but I anticipate it coming back after what i have been reading. Still intend on opening her up to check for sludge that way if there is some I can stop it and clean it out asap.

·
3.8 Track Owner
608 Posts
p0024 is the only code showing, but has come and gone a few times. its gone now....

·
2010 3.8 GT
12 Posts
Butting in on this old thread here, did anyone solve the p0024? I'm getting that now along with p0025 and I'm not sure what to replace exactly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts