Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 13 Genesis 2.0T and I just put a injen air intake on it. I got everything installed and everything seems to be fine. I took it out for a spin and it sounds awesome now! But now I'm making myself paranoid. When I took off the turbo spooled up real loud and around I'm guessing the max spool or whatever it started like sputtering. Is that normal? I've told myself it probably is but I just wanted to make sure. When it was stock, it was so quite I wouldn't know if that was normal or not. Oh, and it is a Manuel. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
591 Posts
If all you did was to add intake I wouldn't worry about it .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rpm limiter? It does it when I'm at like 4-5000 RPMs. Like when I really get on it, but it's giving me good boost. I'm not redlining the car or anything.

·
Hoonigan
79 Posts
I know exactly the sound you are talking about. It is most likely the wastegate fluttering. My car does the same thing. The reason you are now hearing it after installing an intake is that the stock intake muffled that sound. It kind of sounds cool in my opinion but there is no issue with the car. You are safe my friend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I was wondering if that's all it was. I knew the stock air box silenced most of the sound but I just wanted to be sure. And yeah, around 28 and 30 seconds.. that flutter is what I hear.

·
Need more power !
760 Posts
My car makes the fluttering sound as well, its normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts