Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Seems normal to me. What BOV are you using? My RFL will do that occasionally at low boost but blow off after full boost. My other turbo cars have done it as well.

·
Hoonigan
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems normal to me. What BOV are you using? My RFL will do that occasionally at low boost but blow off after full boost. My other turbo cars have done it as well.
It's a TiaL BOV. I just changed my spring according to my vacuum psi as TiaL recommends and made the bov run off the intake manifold instead of the stock solenoid with a 1/4 ID vacuum hose. I just wanted to make sure that this isn't the bad compressor surge.

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
If that happens after full boost then yes it would be compressor surge. What you're hearing is just the spring bouncing because there's not enough load on it. Good decision on the manifold too, I had issues running it from the solenoid. Better response from there.

·
Hoonigan
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that happens after full boost then yes it would be compressor surge. What you're hearing is just the spring bouncing because there's not enough load on it. Good decision on the manifold too, I had issues running it from the solenoid. Better response from there.
Ya, it responses faster for sure running from the manifold. Thanks for your response man! :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts