Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
You don't say where you live, but in Oregon we pay for uninsured motorists (in a state with mandatory insurance).
If you have this coverage your insurance has to pick up the tab.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Louisiana you have to pay extra for uninsured motorist so my insurance company won't cover it :-( but I will know next time to get either uninsured motorist or full coverage

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I should just find someone with the exact year and model of my Genesis and see if I can find one with a blown up motor or bad electrical problems and Swap all of my aftermarket sand good Parts off of my Genesis to the one that I bought I'm not really sure though

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Just get a repair estimate from a reputable collision shop and compare that to the blue book value or how much another coupe or other car will cost you that should answer your question.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My Genesis got hit by an uninsured driver and I'm wondering if it's even worth fixing? I have to come out of pocket with it so it would be all on me but I just wanted to get some opinions
I would dare say you defintiely have a bent frame. Once a frame is bent, it never tracks correctly again. Insurance companies always total out any bent frame, ripped out or bent axles, front or rear. Thats not to say someone wont try and straighten the car, but it will NEVER be the same.
(My SSVT suffered the same fate and was totalled by USAA). That really sucks my friend,...move on.

·
Registered
237 Posts
At the current market values for our cars, it'll be better and probably cheaper in the end to just get into another genesis and swap all of your parts over. And I've always known the same to be true even if it is cheaper to fix^if the frame is damaged, it'll never feel the same. But sorry to hear man, hope you're okay!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you yes I'm okay but my Genesis was my baby and it devastated me when a reckless driver totaled it and I got nothing out of it but yes I think you're right it would be better to just buy the same year make and model and Swap all my aftermarkets I'm actually going to have to start looking for maybe one with a blown engine or bad electrical problems so I can buy it cheap and have just the body

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and yes we're okay thank you it pushed my wife into my seat thank God she wasn't wearing a seatbelt I get on her ass about not wearing a seatbelt but not wearing a seatbelt saved her life it makes me wear mine or it will beep beep in my ear

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thank you yes I'm okay but my Genesis was my baby and it devastated me when a reckless driver totaled it and I got nothing out of it but yes I think you're right it would be better to just buy the same year make and model and Swap all my aftermarkets I'm actually going to have to start looking for maybe one with a blown engine or bad electrical problems so I can buy it cheap and have just the body
Make sure it is not one that came out of the flooding from Hurricane Harvey.

·
Registered
26 Posts
and yes we're okay thank you it pushed my wife into my seat thank God she wasn't wearing a seatbelt I get on her ass about not wearing a seatbelt but not wearing a seatbelt saved her life it makes me wear mine or it will beep beep in my ear
So to make sure I understand correctly, not wearing a seatbelt saved her life?

·
Registered
486 Posts
So to make sure I understand correctly, not wearing a seatbelt saved her life?
While I now always wear seatbelts and believe in them, back in the 90s I was T-boned by a church bus in the driver door. I was not wearing my seatbelt and it saved my life. After smacking the druver window, I was thrown into the passenger seat while my car slid through the intersection. The roof was caved in over the driver seat down to a level that would have been equal to my neck. While strapped on the gurney in the trauma center, the responding police officer comes in and says to me, "I am not going to write you a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt because it saved your life."

·
Registered
782 Posts
That shits a total loss.

I always thought uninsured coverage just meant you don't have to pay the deductible, meaning if you still wanted your car fixed, you would be just out the deductible if you didnt elect for uninsured coverage. Your car insurance can then elect to go after the person at fault in court, or raise your rates (or both) but youd get a fixed car (if it was applicable, in this case, I think its better left alone). If they have no options for you, you can always go after the person at fault personally, which I hope you do. Don't just walk away from this without anything to show for it, **** that. Sue them into oblivion, because thats the american way.

My car was parked and hit by an uninsured and inebriated driver, and progressive waived my deductible (since I had Uninsured motorist coverage) and went after the guy to get their money back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts