Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Base
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I recently installed the 3.8 performance manifold riser and engine leash on my coupe and noticed that I now have a small chunk of the hood liner missing due to the intake tubing (airbox to throttle body) hitting my hood. I still have the stock intake installed on the car. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, and what I can do to remedy it. I'm worried about my hood rubbing a hole through the tubing. I'm thinking I may just have the leash tightened too much. If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. Thank you!

·
Registered
15' 380GT BK2 M/T Caspian Black ;P
48 Posts
Is your hood liner sagging?
but having the leash too tight should reduce the side to side movement of the engine, so I don't think it's that. Unless you have a worn out engine mount, which could come from having the leash too tight for too long.
how long have you had the leash installed? And how tight is it?
it shouldn't be so tight that the wire turns into a pole (does that make sense? Lol)
There should be no slack but not so tight that you can't pull on it with one hand and still move it all.
but I had my leash and riser installed for over a year and never had hood liner damage. But I got rid of the liner a few months ago bc I was gunna make the oem vents functional...
key word: was

Reactions: LiamDietle

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,763 Posts
On my 2L I have just a tiny bit of slack in the leash. The cable should not be taunt when then the engine is off.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
500 Posts
Mine did this as well, it was because i had the clamps in the wrong position as well as the intake not rotated down enough. Reposition your intake by slightly rotating it down near the throttle body, then make sure your clamps are more so on the side and not dead top center. Looking at your throttle body have your clamps around the 2pm position with the excess of the clamps headed down to the ground and not upwards toward the hood. If you look at the picture below, i had the clamps top dead center (or the 12 o'clock position). Notice the vacuum tube also was slightly not level and up a little. I turned this down to be slightly level or a bit below level. Then i moved the position of the clamps to the previously mentioned 2pm- ish area. Hope this helps you.
Good luck.

Attachments

Reactions: LiamDietle

·
Registered
2015 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Base
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the suggestions and help with this issue! I think the main reason for the issue is the fact that I'm still stuck with the factory intake. I've been waiting for 3.8performance to restock their cold air intakes for what feels like a year now. Lol. I did double check the engine leash and I definitely had it tightened a bit too much, but due to the size of the factory intake tubing, one of the studs for the hood "vent" trim is still rubbing on the intake tube. I could go through the effort of trimming the stud back or removing that stud completely, but I can't be bothered since this should all be resolved once I get the cold air intake. I'll just have to get a new liner for my hood once I have the new intake on, since I'm a perfectionist and the smallest little imperfection drives me insane. Haha

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
500 Posts
I got tired of waiting for a bk2 true cai myself. I adapted Injens bk1 to our bk2 cars. Posted up the results on here. Even showed the dyno results. Going off memory it was like 11hp and 8 or 9 tq? Something like that anyway.
Using the bk1 true cai on the bk2 was surprising very easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts