Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Gen Coupe 2.0T - Bone Stock. Soon to be 2013 moderately modded.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18" XXR Wheels. I have to look at the tires again to confirm.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they look sick! Wanna sell them? Haha 😂. Awesome ride by the way.
I agree. Thanks. My oly concern is that previous uwner used lowering springs not coilovers, and I think she needs another 1/2 inch of clearance in the front. It's not rubbing bad but I think I am hearing a little bit of contact.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t 8 Speed Auto Transmission
52 Posts
What’s the ride height right now? IMO I would do another 1/2in, good thing is it’s not rubbing a lot so not terribly bad.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What’s the ride height right now? IMO I would do another 1/2in, good thing is it’s not rubbing a lot so not terribly bad.
Haven't measured it yet but I can barely fir index finger between top of tire and fender lip

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
626 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The longer I own mine the more I love it. Check that white paint very well. White (and others too) had a problem with the flex additive they put in the paint that allows paint to flex with the plastic parts. The Clear coat would peel and flake. Maybe someone with the white paint can chime in and elaborate more. I also think it was certain years and not all, but I could be wrong on that too.
Car looks sweet. My gf loves the white genesis and wants one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Snyper. Actually I have been around for a bit, since '15 when I bought my 2010. This is just now my updated ride. Thanks for the heads up on the paint. With the exception of two paint chips, everything looks tip top.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xSilvax, If i measured it right (mid wheel to high point of fender lip), she rides 13.5 in back and 12.5 in front. I can get 3 fingers between rear tire and fender, but in front, can't get one. I wish previous owner had done coilovers vice lowering springs, because Id really like her up about.5 to .75" more in front.

·
Registered
52 Posts
xSilvax, If i measured it right (mid wheel to high point of fender lip), she rides 13.5 in back and 12.5 in front. I can get 3 fingers between rear tire and fender, but in front, can't get one. I wish previous owner had done coilovers vice lowering springs, because Id really like her up about.5 to .75" more in front.
Yeah coil overs are wayyyy better, I wonder what brand they are? I like coilovers because you get a better ride quality and such. Lowering springs make the OEM dampers work harder in keeping your car under control too. Have you looked at any Coil overs you would like?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah coil overs are wayyyy better, I wonder what brand they are? I like coilovers because you get a better ride quality and such. Lowering springs make the OEM dampers work harder in keeping your car under control too. Have you looked at any Coil overs you would like?
Still researching at this point. Honestly the way it handles right now feels fine with the exception of the ride height. I just want to get it up a tad in the front to quit bottoming out. I don't track or drift or anything. Just semi-aggressive street driving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I gotcha, hopefully you find a good deal on some coil overs and can go that route? Not saying lowering springs are crap or anything. Everything has its pros and cons lol.

I’m dealing with a steering wheel Vibration at 55mph+. Stock OEM rims but has continental contact sports on it. Had discount tires do a rebalance but still having issues :( . I feel your pain when it comes to wanting something fixed lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I gotcha, hopefully you find a good deal on some coil overs and can go that route? Not saying lowering springs are crap or anything. Everything has its pros and cons lol.

I’m dealing with a steering wheel Vibration at 55mph+. Stock OEM rims but has continental contact sports on it. Had discount tires do a rebalance but still having issues :( . I feel your pain when it comes to wanting something fixed lol.
You are the third active member on this forums that have vibrations around 55-65mph. And none has been solved by changing wheels/tires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You are the third active member on this forums that have vibrations around 55-65mph. And none has been solved by changing wheels/tires.
yeah that sucks.. lol. Just gotta get under there and see what’s wrong with the suspension or whatever the case may be.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
626 Posts
I had this, got worse with spacers, new rims and tires and it was still there. Ended up being warped rotor. I also was gonna try replacing the wheel bearing but the rotor stopped it.

Reactions: xSilvax

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had this, got worse with spacers, new rims and tires and it was still there. Ended up being warped rotor. I also was gonna try replacing the wheel bearing but the rotor stopped it.
I will have to check them out, when I bought it a few months ago they did new rotors and brake pads on here and then I only changed out the brake pads for better ones because they ones they had were cheap as hell. Hopefully it’s not something too bad, I was wondering if maybe the back side of the wheel is bent or something. No wobbles when pressing the brakes or anything. Only happens at 60mph+ so not too sure.

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
626 Posts
There is a known problem with these and the sedans having a vibration 55/60mph or so. I read some have changed out brakes, rotors, rims, tires, wheel bearing,
And still have the vibration.
I been very lucky with my car. Besides the warped rotor (that may have been caused by me, hot rotor meets cold water) I have had zero problems from this car.
2013 with 130k

Reactions: xSilvax

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a known problem with these and the sedans having a vibration 55/60mph or so. I read some have changed out brakes, rotors, rims, tires, wheel bearing,
And still have the vibration.
I been very lucky with my car. Besides the warped rotor (that may have been caused by me, hot rotor meets cold water) I have had zero problems from this car.
2013 with 130k
Hmmm that’s wild?! Yeah I mean that’s my only issue is the vibration but I don’t drive a lot on the highway so maybe not the biggest deal for me haha. Other than the valve cover gasket rip I had mine has been amazing too! They are easy to work on and a lot of aftermarket stuff for them which is nice. Mines also a 2013 with 48k miles on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts