Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Designerd
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! The name's Drew. I'm a 21yr old graphic designer and as the thread says, I just bought a 2013 2.0T and couldn't be happier! I'm really looking forward to getting into the community and learning about the car. One of the biggest draws for me was the aftermarket support so you can be sure I'll be changing it quite a bit (though being on a college budget and making car payments will make any mods slow in coming). I've been lurking for a day or two trying to soak up some knowledge and have decided to stay a while haha

Planned mods:

+ HSD coilovers

+ TSW Nurburgring matte gunmetal wheels [19x8.5 front and 19x10.5 rear] I know nothing about offset so I'm going to have to take a look at the fitment threads on here.

+ Advan OEM CF Trunk

+ GCTuner CF rear diffuser

+ ARK DTS Exhaust

·
Designerd
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far the only other 2013 I've seen around here is a white pearl! (of course I mostly keep to the historic district) I'll keep my eyes peeled for you haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ha! I think I've seen that one too. I just noticed it like a few weeks ago. I live on southside but I work downtown at one of the sushi bars. My car is usually hidden in a parking garage XD

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey! Congrads! Just bought a 2.0t myself and awesome italian 20" Wrapped in 275/30R and 245/30F [they don't rub :) ] and i have Question! Im switching to syntech oil and im wondering if i should make a flush and if so after how many km?
Thanks!

·
Designerd
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The satin pearl is an incredible color and definitely went in the "pro" column when I was making my purchase decision! :D

Ha! I think I've seen that one too. I just noticed it like a few weeks ago. I live on southside but I work downtown at one of the sushi bars. My car is usually hidden in a parking garage XD
haha if it's Sakura I've prolly seen you! It's been a good bit since I've hit that place up though.

Im switching to syntech oil and im wondering if i should make a flush and if so after how many km?
Thanks!
When I switched on my Volvo, I just waited until the next oil change came around (mostly because it was a pain in the a** to change it myself). I'm not sure how difficult it would be on the coupe though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Another white boy like me! hahaha Welcome Comrade

This is the best car forum! Most information about the Genesis Coupe in the World!

Every time I visit, I find another way to spend money and almost go into debt LOL

Modifying this car is my free time and like you, I am working but in Environmental

Science and research at my school..

·
Designerd
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha thanks guys. I have a feeling this car is gonna be a black hole for my future paychecks :D I'm trying to set a limit for the amount of modifications I'm going to make, but that didn't work out on my last car so I doubt it'll work on this one haha

·
Designerd
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hence why it's been a good bit since I've hit it up! (wasn't gonna say anything in case you worked there :p) Heiwa's is pretty legit! I've been there a couple times and y'alls food is hella good compared to Sakuras. I've never gotten sick from there but a few of my friends have so I've tried to keep my distance haha

·
Registered
569 Posts
I chose white too. The black and blue also looked good, but the white was nicer. Plus it's a desert here and the more heat reflected, the better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts