Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly FYI for anyone with the AGP IC kit planning on getting the Ark grille. It will not install Flush fitting because the back of the grille at the bottom back of the mesh hits the replacement crash bar provided by AGP.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Can you trim the part of the grille that hits it or is it really in the way?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea idk how trimmable Carbonfiber is though? prob need to trim atleast an inch off the bottom then redo the mesh

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
You'd have to use a dremel, but it's pretty easy to do. Just DONT breath the dust in. Do it outside with a mask on. I had to add some slots to my VIS fog surrounds to fit around the little posts in the middle bottom of the bumper.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Whew, I don't have the AGP FMIC, but I do have the Buschur RACE FMIC uses the same size core which worried me until you stated it was the AGP crash bar that is actually making contact. I plan on C-notching the OEM crash bar to work with my FMIC & will be crossing my fingers that it doesn't cause any issues with my ARK grille. Like CrookedH asked, can it be modified to work? I've found that aftermarket parts sometimes will have to be modified to work, especially when combining 2 different companies products.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
I installed three sets of hood pins on tiburon CF hoods... no brain damage yet... BREATHE DEEPLY...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I installed three sets of hood pins on tiburon CF hoods... no brain damage yet... BREATHE DEEPLY...
you would huh! well come help me install some on my tibby!

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
Ive started getting ark products in for my department. We havent been able to test fit them on any of our cars.

Hows the fitment with the grilles? easy/clean install? I noticed teh only places it attaches are the 5-6 bolt/clip holes at the top of the grille.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Ive started getting ark products in for my department. We havent been able to test fit them on any of our cars.

Hows the fitment with the grilles? easy/clean install? I noticed teh only places it attaches are the 5-6 bolt/clip holes at the top of the grille.
There are 2 other mounting points at the lower corners of the grille for a total of 4 & the ARK grille has 2 wires at each of the 4 points to feed through the plastic mounting holes then twist together to keep it in place. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts