Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Uses Search Button
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Exceladyne stage 1 kit from Beyond Redline which includes an AEM intake. So, is the intake supposed to sound like a fat kid trying to get the last drop of his 64oz drink?? It is a crazy loud intake! :broken:

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
I just installed the Exceladyne stage 1 kit from Beyond Redline which includes an AEM intake. So, is the intake supposed to sound like a fat kid trying to get the last drop of his 64oz drink?? It is a crazy loud intake! :broken:
LOL.. Yes, you got rid of the silencer and the other baffling that was included in the stock intake to keep things quiet. Now you hear the turbo spool and also the stock BPV.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
that is a good thing nota bad thing!!! lol so, hows the newfound power treating you????

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
^Thinking of doing the same thing, after a while just too loud, beside I want to dyno and see if there is any power loss between the AEM and K&N drop in

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
the difference in sound is unbelievable. For a while I was afraid it was the bypass valve leaking somehow, and I installed the AEM FMIC at the same time, then realized it must just be the sound from the filter.

I always thought of it as Darth Vader taking a deep breath, but I like your description much better

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
It sounds cool for the first few days, but after a while it gets very annoying. Espicially when im driving conservative, shifting at like 2.5k and darth/fat kid come to life even well before that. My morning commute starts at 3:30am and that is the LAST thing i want to hear.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Sell the aem and buy a cpe, you will not hear shi+

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
haha, i can say the sound sometimes get annoying..not very often but it can in the morning.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sell the aem and buy a cpe, you will not hear shi+

I've got CP-E's closed boxed intake and you still hear vador. not sure how it compares to an AEM, but its definitely audible to people outside and inside the cabin of the car.
btw, love the fat kid analogy!

·
Uses Search Button
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that is a good thing nota bad thing!!! lol so, hows the newfound power treating you????
The power is not quite what I was expecting but its still way better! The intake is so freakin annoying though but putting the washer tank back is equally annoying.:dunno:

·
The SFGenKid
782 Posts
The 3in intake from atp was loud. sounded like a phucking airplane in my car. was about to go nuts. but my cure was awsome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts