Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 3.8 Track
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 3.8 track that I bought new and love it everyday. I just picked up a 2010 2.0T auto (180k miles) for my son for 3k. It's a little rough but seems sound enough to put some effort into to make it nice. They put coil overs on it and lowered it too much. I just got it the other day so I haven't had time yet to really go over it yet. My question is: What do I need to know about the 2.0T as far as issue points? My 3.8 has been trouble free so I don't have much to go on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The 2010 2.0t AT is a 5 speed and it is horrible on gas so be ready for the worst gas mileage ever. Also, it may not happen now but eventually your car will shake like crazy when you turn the AC on.

·
Registered
2011 3.8 Track
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2010 2.0t AT is a 5 speed and it is horrible on gas so be ready for the worst gas mileage ever. Also, it may not happen now but eventually your car will shake like crazy when you turn the AC on.
It has an engine little "shake" at idle and a little worse with the AC on. It is not a mis but something isn't quite right. I have a new set to coilpacks and plugs on the way so we shall see it that helps. I'll keep track of the mileage and let you know what I am getting on it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It isnt a misfire. Apparently, from all the research i did, many others experienced this problem on the 2010s and its a known issue that hyundai wont admit. Nothing u can do really. Stepping on the gas to raise the RPMs up a touch will eliminate all shakes but we shouldnt need to do this and cant do it all the time. Its highly annoying

·
Registered
2011 3.8 Track
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isnt a misfire. Apparently, from all the research i did, many others experienced this problem on the 2010s and its a known issue that hyundai wont admit. Nothing u can do really. Stepping on the gas to raise the RPMs up a touch will eliminate all shakes but we shouldnt need to do this and cant do it all the time. Its highly annoying
Hmm. Interesting. Would that wear out the motor mounts over time? I would think so, which would make it even worse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts